FOS 6/14/2009 --- Dolphin Encountere in Tortola

Hi Everyone.

I was just reading that they offer a trip to Tortola out of St Thomas that includes a Dolphin Encounter. The excursion is really long and I am concerned about getting back to the ship on time. Anyone have any experience with this tour?

Hi Everyone.

I was just reading that they offer a trip to Tortola out of St Thomas that includes a Dolphin Encounter. The excursion is really long and I am concerned about getting back to the ship on time. Anyone have any experience with this tour?

Is it a ship's excursion? If so, then don't worry about making it back to the ship on time. They time the ship's excursions to fall within the times you are in port and will wait for ship's excursions if there are delays.

If it is an independent excursion, there is no way you'll make it back.

Hi Everyone.

You won't have a problem. The ferry ride to tortola is about 45-60 min. long depending on the condition of the water. Just make SURE you take your passports. My brother, sister-in-law and 9 year old nephew forgot theirs. He had his police id in his wallet so they let them slide without their passports. But of course they got a lecture. They loved every minute of this excursion. The got the pictures and the video ($50) but how often are you gonna swim with dolphins. With this being a ship run excursion you will not be left behind. Have fun. :)

Archived