With recent Explorer intinerary changes I'm finding it VERY challenging to plan!

Oct 2009 - Bermuda - St. Martin - St Thomas - San Juan

We've never been to St Martin so I was looking forward to that but our times are 2pm to 10 pm and it looks like everything closes 6pmish. San Juan is 10pm to 11:30am :confused: - total waste of a stop in my opinion. Is there another island they might substitue? I'm having a real hard time with excursions. :(

At least we have bermuda and St Thomas to look forward to. (unless they change those too!)

Anyone think they'll change the times in port before we sail? I hope those of you on the explorer before us with the same changes do trip reports. I'd love to know how everyone else handled this mess.

~Connie

PS - I know its all about the broken prop...blah blah blah. :rolleyes:

We've never been to St Martin so I was looking forward to that but our times are 2pm to 10 pm and it looks like everything closes 6pmish. San Juan is 10pm to 11:30am :confused: - total waste of a stop in my opinion. Is there another island they might substitue? I'm having a real hard time with excursions. :(

At least we have bermuda and St Thomas to look forward to. (unless they change those too!)

Anyone think they'll change the times in port before we sail? I hope those of you on the explorer before us with the same changes do trip reports. I'd love to know how everyone else handled this mess.

~Connie

We were on Explorer this past March 27th to the Caribbean & our itinerary was changed as well. We did the same overnight in San Juan you are being offered. I got off the ship, approximately 11PM, to get some pics of Explorer at night. My experience was not a pleasant one so I quickly returned to the ship. However, I heard a lot of folks enjoyed "Senor Frogs" which was within walking distance of the ship. San Juan early in the moring is quite beautiful. RCL offered some early moring tours. We didn't do any because we opted to take a slow walk to the "Butterfly People" in Old San Juan. The changes worked out well for us. I'm sure you will find something wonderful to do while in port. Just remember you are on a cruise and the ports are a bonus! No matter what ports of call, have a really great cruise!

Past Cruises:

2003 Serenade of the Seas – Canada 5 Nights – Sept 6

2004 Voyager of the Seas – Western Caribbean 9 Nights – Oct 10

2005 Jewel of the Seas – Westbound Transatlantic 12 Nights – Aug 31

2006 Explorer of the Seas – Bermuda 5 Nights – May 14

2006 Explorer of the Seas – Bermuda 5 Nights – Sept 3

2007 Radiance of the Seas – Hawaii Circle 14 Nights – April 28

2008 Explorer of the Seas – Southern Caribbean 12 Nights – Mar 16

2008 Eurodam – NYC Introduction Cruise 3 Nights – Aug 29

2009 Explorer of the Seas – Eastern Caribbean 9 Nights – Mar 27

Future Cruises:

2009 Norwegian Jewel – New England & Canada 10 Nights – Oct 10

~Connie

Wow! That is a waste of a port!

We were on Explorer this past March 27th to the Caribbean & our itinerary was changed as well. We did the same overnight in San Juan you are being offered. I got off the ship, approximately 11PM, to get some pics of Explorer at night. My experience was not a pleasant one so I quickly returned to the ship. However, I heard a lot of folks enjoyed "Senor Frogs" which was within walking distance of the ship. San Juan early in the moring is quite beautiful. RCL offered some early moring tours. We didn't do any because we opted to take a slow walk to the "Butterfly People" in Old San Juan. The changes worked out well for us. I'm sure you will find something wonderful to do while in port. Just remember you are on a cruise and the ports are a bonus! No matter what ports of call, have a really great cruise!

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm pretty sure the ships excursions are going to be ridiculously overbooked and crowded. 1,000+ people on the ship looking for something to do during the same 3 or 4 hours :eek:.....sounds like a recipe for disaster! LOL I'll pass.

It's just a lot of time on the ship - not that I mind that (too much) but it is going to be about 4 consecutive days/nights.....DH may go bonkers - he likes breaking up the sea days with stops. Oh well. cant change now....there isn't another cruise in our time frame. *sigh*

Oh what the heck! We'll be on a CRUISE! YEA!

~Connie

Archived