Royal Ramblas Hotel in Barcelona

We originally booked 2 nights at the Royal Ramblas in Barcelona pre-cruise. Does anyone have experience with this hotel/stayed there? We heard mostly good things about it, but also some not so good comments. We have made another reservation at the Continental Hotel based on CC recommendations. The Royal does not have free breakfast and I heard it is not so good. Thanks.:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

I thought that I had read that the hotel continental does have air conditioning but other than that was great hotel. I am also staying at the Royal Ramblis in August. Other than a little noisy I have not heard anything bad. What have you heard.

Rob

I have earlier be staying 3 nights at Royal Rambla. The hotel is okay, aircondition, windows against the Rambla is soundproof, so no noise at all.

The hotel maybee seems a little bit used, but it is clean! And the service is very good. And the best of the all is the location - you can not have any better location in Barcelona. You just step outside the hotel and is on the Rambla, with all the animations and so going on here. 3 minutes walk to Pl. Catalyana. The Gothic Quarter just around the corner. It can not be any better.

The breakfast - fresh bread, fresh fruit, plenty of cold dishes. Not gourmet or overwhelming, but okay.

I am going to Barcelona in July - we will arrive 1 day before the cruise, and will stay at Duquesa de Cardona Hotel by the Port. Mostly choosed as they have a terrasse with a pool (it is July and it can be very hot). After the cruise we will stay in Barcelona for another 5 nights in a rented appartment.

Have a nice trip.

We stayed at the Royal Ramblas last April - it is not a 5* hotel, but the rooms are large (for european standards), very clean, beds were comfortable. Windows are fully sound proof.

Service was great, and location cannot be beat! Right on Las Ramblas - it's in fact across the street from the Continental which I could see from my room.

I had originally booked the Continental and changed my mind after reading some reviews - I'm not fussy or fancy, but the plastic night tables just didn't do much for me... I went to check it out once there, and I was happy with my choice.

I think both are fine, but I would probably go back to Royal.

The breakfast is served in the restaurant next door and was actually pretty good for us. IT was a buffet with a great selection of cold meats, cheese, all sorts of breads, danishes etc. plus different types of eggs and hot meats, pancakes, fruits, cereals.

Enjoy Barcelona - it is such an amazing city!!

MC

Archived