Upgrade Taken Away

What I don't get is why so many people here get upset and email the CEO. He has WAY more important things to do then deal with whiners.

You paid for an inside you got an inside. Where is the problem?

They said it was a computer problem that accidently gave you a better room. Get over it. They had a reason.

sorry to sound harsh but sometimes some of you remind me of 5 year olds.

I have on so many RCCL cruises and I am tired of fighting with them as I did last cruise. I got a guarantee and I was told 1 thing before I paid and

after I paid it was another story. I think that, like most sales reps in the

business (not travel agents) its bait and switch and everyone denies

promises. "you must have not understood" which was saiid to me.

Effective this cruise I bought a reservation and picked my cabin.

Thats it.

And what is this business with "sales events"? You reserve a cabin and

then a sales event comes along and your cabin category is 30-40-50%

cheaper and you call them and their attitude is "screw you" its for

new salings???? 1 rep said "cancel your reservation and then you can

rebook at the sales event price". This was 3 weeks before sailing.

The said to me "oh, I see you have called before."

I feel as though if you call and inquire about some pricing or other

issue, you are labelled as a chronic complainer and you will never

get an upgrade... I even had 1 woman say to me "i cannot help you,

call the (whatever) department and I call them and they say angrily

"they should not have not told you to call us"

Some of this customer service people have a problem.

Now, I picked a cabin and thats it. No more calling. Its not worth it.

Guarantees are okay to book but its Russian Roulette with the Cabin

Assignment. if you do not like the cabin assignment you get maybe a nice rep will give you another cabin in the same category. Like I said Maybe,

Book/pay for exactly what you want and then you have no disappointments.....book a guaranty and thats what you get...it's that simple;) Sorry, but tired of hearing about people who book guaranties for the savings and then complain they got the crappiest cabins:rolleyes:

Thank you all for your input. I realize that RCCL is perfectly in there rights since I booked an Inside Guarantee to wait until 3 days before the cruise and give me the worse cabin available in the catagory booked. My beef is it is not good customer service to give something and then take it away. If they had never assigned me any cabin in the catagory until right before the cruise I would never have posted anything about this. I have never complained on any cruise I have ever taken which numbers about 30 Total on all Cruise Lines. I have always preferred and recommended RCCL because of there superior overall Cruise experience. I just think this was not the way to handle it

I feel your pain and disappointment. I too would have been more than a little annoyed if I were assigned one cabin, got upgraded and then downgraded again after a week. If RCI were unsure of the cabin assignment, they should have the IT expertise to NOT let the cabin number show on their passenger's reservation and only let the upgrade appear when the cabin is confirmed.

The thing here is, if I paid for an inside guaranteed and got an inside guaranteed, that would be fine by me (and I'm sure by you as well). It's plain and simple. But to be upgraded THEN downgraded wouldn't be a pleasant experience to go through even for a new cruiser, let alone a loyal one.

If you do however decide to write to the CEO, perhaps you could kindly request that he look into it your case. More importantly, you should suggest that the booking system be improved in the way mentioned above so that this unpleasant experience could be avoided for all future passengers. Your effort would definitely be appreciated by many. It could also ensure that your feedback comes across as something constructive instead of just another complaint. Any CEO would realize that such an improvement would only amount to good business sense.

Good luck!

Archived