Costa Rica

Fabian52

Is it possible to pick up a zipline tour or a tour of the canal's off the pier when we get to Costa Rica from the cruise ship?

Any ideas. We leave on Saturday ono Carnival Freedom.

Just back from Panama Canal and I did the zipline tour with HAL. Before the trip I contacted the zipline company to see about how to get there/do the day trip on my own. When the ship is in, they don't do transportation from the pier to the park.

It's also worth it from a timing perspective. It's an hour bus ride from the pier to the place, then another 1/2 hour to suit up, get a safety orientation, then a 1/2 hour ride up in the tram. The tour takes awhile to get through all of the platforms because there's so many people, and you hike between most platforms.

I talked to a couple of people from the ship who did it on their own the same day (the ship tour was sold out). They had to wait for the ship tour to go through the ziplines before they were allowed on the course so they spent a large amount of time waiting, then had just enough time to do the course and get back to the ship.

You will find a number of indepent tour operators at the head of the pier...while we are not zip linners we did do an Okeydokey tour with Charlie Soto which involved z.l. and the participants seemed to really enjoy it. Charlie is a great operator. He operates out of both Port Limon and Punteranus (sic).

Just got back from a Panama Canal tour and did a tour with Charlie Soto in Puntarenas. Had booked it previously online but another 2 people whom we were suppose to be with never showed and Charlie picked up 2 people from the pier who were asking about a tour. Very friendly all the people who work for Charlie and Charlie himself. Does a great tour. THe people who work for him are very nice and knowledgable. Maybe you can just ask at the pier if you see any of his workers if you could grab a tour with him. Good luck and have a great time. It is a beautiful country.

Archived