Oriana Dining

Ozzimandius

Can anyone give me definitive details about less formal dining on the Oriana.

Does it offer facility of just turning up in the Buffet area and have an evening meal without booking or extra charge?

Can you have buffet meals out on deck?

Do not care for fixed sittings and not too fussed about food.Just want informal self service buffets,Does the Oriana offer this?

The conservatory on Oriana is open in evenings and will probably have curry nights and other special nights like spanish, mexican:eek:, and british (bangers and mash lol) and of course its free and help yourself buffet so as much as you want.

I am on Oriana for 1st time in a fortnight and will report back, Fully intend to dress up, and even try the Rhodes restaurant one night. On the many smart casual nights onboard you only need to wear trousers and shirt, have a look at the menus displayed every day for that nights dinner,outside the restaurant, its worth going, and after all you are paying for it in the cruise price.:)

if my memory serves me well i think you can dine in the self service informaly in the evening but it is waiter service,i'm sure someone will say if that is incorrect.

happy cruising

The buffet in the evening isn't waiter service, it is self service. The dress code of the day still applies in the buffet. If you want to dine on deck it is classed as speciality dining with a surcharge of £7.50 which is well worth it but of course it depends on the weather. The Al Fresco is another casual dining area but it is closed in the evening until 10 pm when it serves a large selection of snacky type things. You would enjoy the main dining rooms, the food is good and the company is good too!

At last I am getting somewhere!

Believe it or not you know more than the P and O Restaurant manager.

This sounds exactly the same arrangement as the Artemis.

Unfortunatly i have social interaction problems which makes sitting at a table with total strangers impossible.

I love cruising but can't cope with the fixed dining arrangements.

Is there plenty of room to eat outside at breakfast and lunch in the free buffet dept.

Thanks for your help

Mark

'The conservatory on Oriana is open in evenings and will probably have curry nights and other special nights like spanish, mexican:eek:, and british (bangers and mash lol) and of course its free and help yourself buffet so as much as you want.

I am on Oriana for 1st time in a fortnight and will report back, Fully intend to dress up, and even try the Rhodes restaurant one night. On the many smart casual nights onboard you only need to wear trousers and shirt, have a look at the menus displayed every day for that nights dinner,outside the restaurant, its worth going, and after all you are paying for it in the cruise price'

Thanks for your help

I would be interested in what you find out.

One of the problems is that not many people know about the choice of evening buffets on P and O.They all head for the dining room.So when you ask this question people are often vague.Your reply accords with what I have suspected.

Actually I am not that bothered about food on ships.I go for other experiences and enjoy them.Its the thought of having to sit with people i don't know night after night which I cannot deal with.

Mark

Mark - Yes there is plenty of room to eat outside at breakfast and lunch time, the terrace (back of ship which is next to the Conservatory) is lovely as is Al Fresco (next to pool) as long as the weather is OK. It can be quite chilly going across the channel and the Bay of B. You can always have room service too you know.

Archived