What is the different btw Carnival and RCCL?

Can I just say that maybe you can't understand because you haven't done a RCCL ship?

Honestly, there is nothing like it. Lots of glass, gold and just plain WOW. ;)

I just don't have the same feelings on any other ship and that even includes Disney's Magic and Wonder. Just doesn't have that WOW factor. It can't be explained unless you've been on one of the newer ones.

From looking at pictures, I may have the same opinion on Princess ships. They seem to have some definite WOW. Haven't had a chance to do them. And Celebrity too, the Solstice just looks incredible.

So it's hard to put it into words. Carnival has dark looking carpets. Dark colors. The cabins are dark. Offset by bright, bright neon.

Yes, I can look past the decorations when I am saving alot of money. But when I plan my once/year BIG cruise...I make sure I go with the WOW. When I am planning my in between cruises, then I am fine with Carnival.

Princess would definately WOW you. Those ships are gorgeous. White marble, brass, tile, tasteful art... simply beautiful. So much to do during sea days. Princess is my favorite line BUT, I have to say that Carnival beats it and RCCL in the food dept. Princess and Carnival both beat RCCL in the service and entertainment dept also. I actually fell asleep during two RCCL shows. :eek: I guess I just had two bad experiences cruising with RCCL?

See if I have this correct. By looking at your signature line, I assume that you have the cruise lines listed that you have cruised thus far. No Royal to be found which means that you have no first hand information about Royal but feel free to spout off here your opinion of a line that you have not cruised. And you Carnival cheerleaders get so upset when someone posts about Carnival in a negative way when they have not cruised them. What's the difference?:rolleyes:

Let's see, you posted this above.

I'd say that's about right.

RCCL has larger ships with more physical activities aboard. Other than that, they cater to the same market and provide more or less the same product. You'll find that most Carnival-bashers are going by what they've heard and have never actually sailed Carnival.

LMAO at that. Gotta love the pot meet kettle folks.

Wait, where did I bash Royal Caribbean? I don't think pointing out the deficiencies in their balance sheets counts as bashing, but any financially savvy person can certainly do that without sailing the ships. It's clear that CCL is in significantly better shape financially than RCI (and that both are currently doing much better than NCL).

I know the differences in features between the ships as advertised by RCI. I know that none of RCI's advertised features, with the exception of the Flow-Rider, hold any interest for me above and beyond what I get from CCL. Again, I really don't need to sail a specific ship to know that I don't care about an ice rink, a rock climbing wall, a taller dining room, or a shopping mall.

I have not bashed RCI, I have only stated that their added features, as advertised, will not convince me to part with a significantly more expensive fare to board their ships. I've tried to sail RCI in the past, but every time I start researching, CCL just comes out significantly less expensive. They've treated us very well on 5 cruises, so I know I'll get what I want.

Wait, where did I bash Royal Caribbean? I don't think pointing out the deficiencies in their balance sheets counts as bashing, but any financially savvy person can certainly do that without sailing the ships. It's clear that CCL is in significantly better shape financially than RCI (and that both are currently doing much better than NCL).

I know the differences in features between the ships as advertised by RCI. I know that none of RCI's advertised features, with the exception of the Flow-Rider, hold any interest for me above and beyond what I get from CCL. Again, I really don't need to sail a specific ship to know that I don't care about an ice rink, a rock climbing wall, a taller dining room, or a shopping mall.

I have not bashed RCI, I have only stated that their added features, as advertised, will not convince me to part with a significantly more expensive fare to board their ships.

I did not say that you bashed. You gave your opinion of the two cruise lines when clearly you have never cruised on Royal. Unless you have actually cruised on both lines then you have no first hand information to give. Bottom line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I stated, a person giving reasons for cruising Carnival over Royal and never having tried Royal is no different that someone that has not cruised Carnival due to the fact that they "heard, read or were told by friends" that Carnival was the party, Wal-Mart line but felt free to tell people to stay away. No difference at all. Give all the reasons that you want, you still do not have first hand information.

I did not say that you bashed. You gave your opinion of the two cruise lines when clearly you have never cruised on Royal.

Not exactly. I stated that the added features weren't anything I had interest in (again with the exception of Flow Rider).

I also do have the benefit of many friends who sail both lines and feel there is no discernible difference aside from the aforementioned perks. A thinking person can draw information from second-hand accounts to draw a reasonable educated opinion.

Not exactly. I stated that the added features weren't anything I had interest in (again with the exception of Flow Rider).

I also do have the benefit of many friends who sail both lines, and feel there is no discernible difference aside from the aforementioned perks. A thinking person can draw information from second-hand accounts to draw a reasonable educated opinion.

You still do not get it and never will. :rolleyes: Sigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care what you or anyone else thinks. I have an actual opinon of both lines that I can give unlike other cheerleaders who only know one side of the story but are willing to give their one sided point of view. This thread caught me eye just like a thread yesterday where some poor newbie was being burned at the stake by the Carnival cheerleaders. I spoke up. Most did not like it. The truth can sometimes hurt.

But your actual opinion of Carnival is that you hate it. So when you say something about it, all you give us is how much better the other cruise lines. I have never been on another cruise line, but I would never go to another board and bash the cruise line either. Just curious why do you hate Carnival so much? How many times have you cruised Carnival?

This thread caught me eye just like a thread yesterday where some poor newbie was being burned at the stake by the Carnival cheerleaders. I spoke up. Most did not like it.

Fire...You are right about people being burned at the stake, but I'd say Newbies aren't the only ones to get the torch, it's pretty much an equal opportunity blaze (New and Old alike). It happens here alot. ;)

Fire...You are right about people being burned at the stake, but I'd say Newbies aren't the only ones to get the torch, it's pretty much an equal opportunity blaze (New and Old alike). It happens here alot. ;)

Like I stated in an above post. Sometimes the truth hurts. Some people can be objectionable and others only see one side.

FWIW, I also never "burned (anyone) at the stake". :D

Some people may like RCI a lot better. I seriously doubt I would. Further, I can give specific accounts of people who I know who had previously only sailed RCI who then went on a CCL cruise on my recommendation and have now decided to stick solely to CCL. The unanimous (so far) response: it's the same experience for significantly lower fare.

G'ma is that YOU??? :D :cool:

LMAO! And here I thought she was a Carnival cheerleader.:mad:

Not exactly. I stated that the added features weren't anything I had interest in (again with the exception of Flow Rider)...

And if Flow Rider is important, you can still take Carnival to Grand Turk and ride your coccyx off.:D

oh god, shes back. Try reading for a change.

If you think I am going to look at all your replies, you are mistaken. I should have known you would not answer the question but come back with a answer that does not even mean anything. Do not even bother answering, I really do not care to know why you hate Carnival.

If you think I am going to look at all your replies, you are mistaken. I should have known you would not answer the question but come back with a answer that does not even mean anything. Do not even bother answering, I really do not care to know why you hate Carnival.

Which means that you did not read this entire thread or you would have known the answer to your question. Do me a favor and ignore me. You seem to have an issue with anyone that does not agree with your RAH RAH attitude of Carnival. Have a nice day.;)

Yes, I meant objective. Not going to go back and change it though.

I apologize for having a little joke at your expense! :)

FWIW I'll happily review RCI if you'll front the extra fare for me. :D ;)

Some people may like RCI a lot better. I seriously doubt I would. Further, I can give specific accounts of people who I know who had previously only sailed RCI who then went on a CCL cruise on my recommendation and have now decided to stick solely to CCL. The unanimous (so far) response: it's the same experience for significantly lower fare.

Just an opinion here...I've cruise four lines, multiple times. I would say all four have distinctive differences, Personalities if you will, and so one may fit better for some people than others. As far as price difference. My experience has been that the gap has narrowed considerably. I've been able to cruise other lines at the same or lower prices than Carnival (7 day or longer), but I do some looking, waiting and strike at the right moment. I may have just been lucky, but whatever it is it's working for me. :)

Just out of curiosity, we compared prices for a similar itin & same sail date in balcony cabins on CCL, RCCL, & NCL yesterday....they were all within 100.00pp range from the highest to the lowest.

I was quite shocked. :eek:

I did not think that they were that competatively priced now.

It had been a few years since I compared pricing and it was a much bigger difference back then. Now they seem very competitive.

:eek:

I think if you look at the individual ships you'll see Older RCCL ships priced to compete with newer CCL and NCL ships. Also RCCL does offer low teaser rates for a Guarentee - but we always want a cabin for our kids and need to know that its nearby. However; there are excptions - especially for last minute deals.

Although if you priced inside cabins.......Carnival is pretty much always cheaper......so maybe that is what people are looking at:confused:

It generally cost a lot more for the kids' cabin and that was not the case three years ago. The military discounts on Carnival are also better.

Which means that you did not read this entire thread or you would have known the answer to your question. Do me a favor and ignore me. You seem to have an issue with anyone that does not agree with your RAH RAH attitude of Carnival. Have a nice day.;)

So many words to say so little.:mad:

I think it's time for you to head back to the RCI board.

Have a nice trip.

You seem to have more of a problem on this board with a lot of posters, than I have ever had. Do yourself a favor and go to the the boards that will appreciate you.

I think if you look at the individual ships you'll see Older RCCL ships priced to compete with newer CCL and NCL ships. Also RCCL does offer low teaser rates for a Guarentee - but we always want a cabin for our kids and need to know that its nearby. However; there are excptions - especially for last minute deals.

I used the Legend...it is not that new. We used a date in December of 2009.

Not too close, not too far.

I was surprised at how much closer they were in price.

Carnival was still the least expensive, but not by as big a margin as it used to be.

:cool:

I was surprised at how much closer they were in price.

Carnival was still the least expensive, but not by as big a margin as it used to be.

Does that take into account the fact that CCL allows TAs to discount their fares but RCI doesn't? IOW, if CCL is slightly cheaper at the published fare, there's a good bet you can save a few hundred more dollars with a TA.

Does that take into account the fact that CCL allows TAs to discount their fares but RCI doesn't? IOW, if CCL is slightly cheaper at the published fare, there's a good bet you can save a few hundred more dollars with a TA.

If I were you I would stick with Carnival too.........

OH...I would have my TA run all 3 prices for me if I were to actually want to do anything...this was just an informational exorcise for myself. The ship layouts and the different lounges on the RCCL and NCL ship were very interesting too.

But yes...I am aware that I can get the CCL cruise cheaper than what was published in addition to the price drop I got when I logged into their site. (which is the price I used in my comparison) ;)

Archived