Pearl "AC" penthouse 9002

roofgreen

from a mini for $150 pp

I think that was a great upgrade. I would have jumped on it in a second. You will now get all the suite perks, one of the best is you can have breakfast and lunch in Cagneys. I highly recommend the Crab Eggs Benedict and the Steak and Eggs.:D Our cruise in February was our 1st in a suite and now DH says we can't do anything less. So be prepared to be spoiled forever.:D:p

Just got upgraded to 9002, did I do OK?

What can I expect from the Penthouse?

How is the view, being up forward?

I assume you're on the Pearl to Alaska? You'll have a wonderful view of Glacier Bay! Last year we got an upsell to AA 9004 right next to AC 9002.

Here are some views looking from AA 9004 towards the balcony of AC 9002. Bring your binoculars and watch for whales!

044.jpg.bc574f6462fc949552af8d1ef0d44b6d.jpg

047.jpg.f10a6de9f97b8c94e4278abea0866a80.jpg

077.jpg.ad3cba6ecd07a0631e61f0d090a02609.jpg

131.jpg.1353e79bc7fdb6069f5aa8fd62efdeea.jpg

I got the same upsell to 9002 last November. You will love it. The balcony is huge...much bigger than some cabins I've had, but it is windy while the ship is moving. If you set your lounge chair back a little it's not bad, but I seem to remember that you only get the view if you are standing because the bottom of the railing isn't open. If you are on the lounge chair, you will be too low to see anything. Oh, if you stand by the railing on the left side of the balcony you will be on the bridge cam...you can wave to your friends at home!

Lunch in Cagney's is the best perk. We only used the butler for our snacks in the evening.

The bed was the best bed I've ever had on a cruise. It was sooooo comfortable. The cabin felt and looked more like a hotel room instead of a cabin.

Congratulations & Enjoy your upsell. We're booked again for this coming October in a mini-suite and hope we are lucky enough to get the same upsell again. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Archived