First time to Belize

lindseesmom

For a fun time, try a Cave Tubing excursion. There are several reputable operators you can book with independently. Don't waste extra money on a ship's tour. Research these boards, then book on-line. There is shopping on the port complex area.

Cave Tubing, Mayan ruins, Scuba diving, Captain your own boat, along with Zoo's, City tours and Carnival does a Land Rover tour that alot of people like.

The tender ride is 15-20 mins. The dock area has a few shops and bars and places to eat.

Look at some of the threads on this board for some of the above mentioned tours. Lots of info. If you see one you like, ask some more ??.

All ships require a tender ride into Belize. Because of the barrier reef and the shallow water, the ships drop anchor about 5 miles out. We have been to Belize twice. Last year for spring break my husband our son and his two friends went to Altun Ha Ruin and enjoyed the trip. They wanted to go cave tubing but it was too expensive through the ship for a group of 6 to afford. In April 2009, my husband and I were on the Spirit and this time in Belize we looked for tour operators when we got onshore. We went with Major Tom (ask for guide Lawhoma Brakeman, she was awesome!) expect a cost around $40 per person; it was the lowest we found (others were $65 and $99 through the ship). Take water shoes - no flip flips! The ride is slow and relaxing for the most part - no scary water rapids to worry about with children. I would recommend it. Let me know if you have any other questions. I would be glad to send you my journal entry from our trip there...

Archived