Sand Dollar Tour question

clb6110

I'm thinking about booking a snorkel trip with Capt Tony while in Freeport and have a question.People that have taken the tour said for a few extra bucks you can swim with some air breathing "fish".I don't really care to but my wife and kids would like that.How much is a few extra bucks? I don't want to carry alot but don't want to be $20 bucks short either.Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

We didn't see any so I don't know. We were there 6/17/09. Wonderful time.

Take a container to safely bring back your sand dollar treasures. A net like bag would be helpful as well to snorkel and collect. My hands were full when I could have still collected a few more. One guy collected over 20! Everyone found a few.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm thinking about booking a snorkel trip with Capt Tony while in Freeport and have a question.People that have taken the tour said for a few extra bucks you can swim with some air breathing "fish".I don't really care to but my wife and kids would like that.How much is a few extra bucks? I don't want to carry alot but don't want to be $20 bucks short either.Thanks in advance.

When we were on the Bahama Mama, we got to swim with these particular air-breathing "fish". No extra bucks required. They're the dolphins from UNEXSO, and they "take them for a walk" out in the ocean to get some exercise regularly - they've timed it so that the cruise passengers can swim with them for a bit while on an excursion. I don't know that they do it every day, but at least sometimes. I doubt "greasing" Capt Tony makes the difference between seeing them and not, but I could be wrong.

I went out deep sea fishing a few weeks ago in Freeport, and got to swim with a massive wild pod of over 100 dolphins for about 30 minutes before I got tired. Mothers and babies and everything. Now that was cool.

Archived