What a joke

Confused - What are they doing? They're not getting rid of the promenade deck on the voyager of the seas are they?:eek: It looks like they made it a hallway. Could someone tell me what exactly they are doing? Thanks.:)

Half the exterior is currently covered by tarps in all the pictures I have seen. In this picture I see a railing and I can clearly see the tarp on the right side of the picture so....

The Oasis will not have the traditional outer promenade deck. The lifeboats are going to hang over the side of the ship and the view would be blocked in most places anyway. This is going to be the jogging track which is being moved from the upper decks down to deck five.

There will be areas where there are no lifeboats and one can view the sea but don't expect any chairs on this deck.

The Oasis will not have the traditional outer promenade deck. The lifeboats are going to hang over the side of the ship and the view would be blocked in most places anyway. This is going to be the jogging track which is being moved from the upper decks down to deck five.

There will be areas where there are no lifeboats and one can view the sea but don't expect any chairs on this deck.

Exactly...most of the ships' outside promenade have an oceanview because the lifeboats are hanging over it occupying 2 decks of the ship....the one on Oasis will be like Celebrity's Solstice Class which occupies only one deck because the boats are hanging behind the promenade and kind of over the ocean....my guess is there will be two open places on each side of the ship which are in front of the doors to the elevators halls just like on the Solstice....yes it is a very small area with a few chairs but also it was always empty with maybe 2 couples or 3 actually relaxing....awesome place to take pictures and have a drink before or after the show/dinner watching the sea...they also use it as gangway just like in other large ships....it is good it will be the jogging track....on the Solstice you could not run there it had to be by the Pools which I hate because there is always chairs and people standing in your way running :p

Here you go some pics you can see it on the Solstice

DSC04881.jpg

DSC04862.jpg

Well, i just found out that carnival ofund a much better solution to the lifeboats occupying 2 decks above the promenade:

800px-Carnival_Dream.jpg

Don't get me wrong, this is not a pro-carnival post, voyager class is my favorite, and the promenade is amongst my favorite places in every ship, it just seems odd that unlike what they did with radiance class, they want to make everithing look inside.

And the glass railing for the promenade on the Dream is going to be head high. No standing and looking over the railing which for me ruins it. It's also not covered which coupled with the head high railing that cuts down on the wind will make it hot.

There will be plenty of places to enjoy sea views on the Oasis.

How disapointing! I have always loved the Prominade deck! I have a cruise habit of eating lunch, grabbing my book and heading to a lounge chair on the Prominade deck to "read". My only problem is the my DW is constantly nudging me because I snore while I "read". :D

I guess I will have to find a new spot... to "read"...

---------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

Previous Cruises

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2001

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

Something in 2009 - just have not decided yet

RCCL Oasis of the Seas - April 17, 2010

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day - 2011

I've never sailed on any other ships besides Royal Caribbean's Voyager and Freedom class, so I don't understand not having lifeboats that hang from above the promenade deck so that they can swing out and lower to effeciently load people. This is sad that Oasis won't have this open Promenade deck. Oh well!

How disapointing! I have always loved the Prominade deck! I have a cruise habit of eating lunch, grabbing my book and heading to a lounge chair on the Prominade deck to "read". My only problem is the my DW is constantly nudging me because I snore while I "read". :D

I guess I will have to find a new spot... to "read"...

HAHAHAHA....well I enjoy "reading" in the solarium....shhh I know I'm not supposed to be there but I still do it.....just put my sunglasses...sometimes my ipod....and "read" :p:cool:

Although im a little disappointed there wont be that much open space on the outdoor promenade, its not like there arent plenty of other spots where we can see the sea. The Solarium will have a great view unlike Voyager and Freedom class

Archived