best restaurants in St Thomas

I can talk about this all day!!!!!

OK, I'll start off with THE BLUE MOON CAFE!!! If you ask me there is no other place to go for breakfast!! We stopped here about 5 times for breakfast on our last trip to the island. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I'm sure alot of other places serve a good breakfast, but the setting and food are really great!!!

Here is a link to their website....http://www.bluemooncafevi.com/

to be continued.....

Now if you have to celebrate something or would like a high end dinner try the...http://www.oldstonefarmhouse.com/

The OLD STONE FARMHOUSE

It's not cheap, but worth every dime!!

Here is a picture of just my dessert...I hope you can imagine what the other 4 courses were like.

IMG_0217-1.jpg

more to come.....

One of our top choices for dinner is .......INDIGO Reataurant & Bar its at Magens Point Resort. It's not to expensive it has a great view and it's a place you can go to 3 or 4 times on a 7 day trip. I know this because we did..lol :) I think on Thursday's they have a Lobster special that's to die for.

I couldn't find a link to the restaurant, but to the hotel itself.

http://www.magenspoint.com/mpr.html

If you head towards Mahogany Run Golf Course it's not to hard to find.

Great view by the pool!!!

I'll keep going......if you have any more questions let me know!! We love St. Thomas and renewed our vows there last year!!

Ok lets see........

Mafolie Restaurant is another place you might want to try! You mentioned a view and Mafolie has a pretty good one.

Here is a link to the Restaurant...http://www.mafolie.com/mafolie-restaurant.asp

I cant remember what I had here, but I know I would go back.

here is a little blurb from that site....

Mafolie Restaurant offers great food in a casual setting, with a romantic view over down-town Charlotte Amalie, the harbor, Hassel Island, and Water Island. On clear days you might catch a glimpse of St. Croix!

Enjoy sunset from our bar with one of our specialty cocktails, and then stay for dinner as the sun sets over the water, and the lights of down town start to twinkle.

Our menu offers a wide variety of entrees including fresh Caribbean lobster, Black Angus steaks, seafood, chicken, and pasta dishes.We are the perfect spot for special celebrations, such as wedding rehearsal dinners, reception dinners, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. For groups between 20 and 80 guests, please inquire about our group menus.

We stayed at the Marriott five years ago for our 25th wedding anniversary and they recommended two very nice restaurants to us. One I believe was Cuzzin's, (double check at the hotel) it was very good and we were told this is where the locals go. They also suggested Bluebeards Castle. It was beautiful and had a wonderful view of the island. We made a reservation around 6p.m. and was given a window seat. They are not fast so we never felt rushed and the view was beautiful. It was a spectacular sunset and seeing all the lights turn on was also pretty. I will tell you that it is not cheap, but the service was good and worth every penney. They were very helpful with recommendations for dinner. Enjoy your vacation.:)

We are staying at the Marriott, anything near there, we should try? The other look great,

The island is so small and somewhat easy to navigate around so everthing is somewhat close. The Marriot is located almost in the southern/middle of the island so it's not to far to get to Charlotte Amalie or to take a drive to Redhook where you can find some great restaurants. You can head North to the Golf Course and find some of the places I mentioned earlier. I hear Havana Blue witch is located I believe at the Marriot is good too.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Cuzzins is a restaurant that the locals frequent. The food is quite good, although it does not ahve a view (it is on Back Street). If you enjoy rum cake, make sure you try it here. Then, if you like it, you can have some shipped to your home when you are back in the states. The lady that makes their rum cakes lives here in Ohio, but is from St. Thomas and goes back a couple times each year to stock up Cuzzins. She also has a web page and makes cakes locally and will ship.

We also enjoy eating at Gladys' Cafe. It is in the Havensight Mall area in one of the narrow alleys. Gladys makes her own hot sauces, and you will find locals there for elevenses. The food is local and good.

Have fun!

We went to St.Thomas last week on a cruise. Stop at this the cruise pier it was a blast called Little Mango. Very cheap drinks and food. One of the best fun bars we have been to . You need to check them out !!! Have fun in St.Thomas!!! cruisegirl37

Which/what places would you most recommend for lunch, for a group of 10-12 people (and there is a lacto-ovo vegetarian in the group).

Blue Moon looks WONDERFUL (and I noticed a nice veggie wrap on the menu). I think I need another option or two to present to the gang.

(We'll be doing a private tour, and can go wherever we want for lunch and we'll pretty much be all over the island.)

Thanks!

WOW, agree, this thread could go on for days as St. Thomas does not lack with great places to eat. Here are my favorites:

All time favorite: Oceana!! It is right on the water with a wonderful view of the sunset and open air. High class and excellent food and service.

Hook Line and Sinker - more casual and great seafood! They also have a room for larger groups for lunch or dinner.

Banana Tree - you have to order the Gongazolla Cheesse and bread

Cuzzins - Best local flavor you can get.

East End Cafe - my favorite Italian

New one - Pie Hole in Frenchtown. Fresh gourmet pizza

Hope this helps! You can diet when you go home.

WOW, agree, this thread could go on for days as St. Thomas does not lack with great places to eat. Here are my favorites:

All time favorite: Oceana!! It is right on the water with a wonderful view of the sunset and open air. High class and excellent food and service.

Hook Line and Sinker - more casual and great seafood! They also have a room for larger groups for lunch or dinner.

Banana Tree - you have to order the Gongazolla Cheesse and bread

Cuzzins - Best local flavor you can get.

East End Cafe - my favorite Italian

New one - Pie Hole in Frenchtown. Fresh gourmet pizza

Hope this helps! You can diet when you go home.

I forgot about Oceana, and I haven,t been to East End or Pie Hole :)

• 1 month later...

When we stay on The Rock we have a few we like to go too. I'll brake them down by meal

Breakfast: Delly Deck, Barefoot Buddah, or Bumpa's

Lunch: Shipwreck Tavern, Tickles, Blue Moon Cafe, Megan's Bay Concession - for the pizza!, The Greenhouse

Dinner: Molly Malone's, Iggies, Lobster Grille, Mim's, Hook Line and Sinker, Fat Turtle

Places we have tried and don't like: The Cellar, Lotus

When we were there in June, we ate one night at the Frenchman's Reef Coco Joe's Thursday Night Lobster and Prime Rib Buffet. A little pricey at $55 a person but we had vouchers worth $100 a couple and we were 2 couples, so dinner only cost the differnce, drinks, taxes and tip we left. Great meal with as much grilled lobster as you can eat, plus prime rib, mussels, pasta, peel and eat shrimp, salads and many many desserts. I would recommend it.

Scott

Archived