compare/contrast beaches

grobbins

Considering our beach options for St. Martin. and hope you can help compare/contrast with other islands. We will be on Carribean Princess 2/12,(1st Princess cruise with 2 Carnival and 3 Celebrity cruises in past-loved all!). Thinking of Orient or Baie Rouge. We are two couples from the midwest-traveling w/out the kids. Our favorite beach bar is at Megan's Bay -stunning!- favorite beach is Cinnamon Bay or Trunk Bay but loved Grande Anse on Grenada (calm & beautiful and we had a waiter and could run a tab), also Palm Beach on Aruba. How do our favorites match up with Orient or Baie Rouge? Least favorite Carribean beach (is there such a thing?) was Nelson's Boatyard in Barbados. We just like to hang out in a beautiful setting, have cocktails and have cocktails and hang out in a beautiful setting. Thank you.

From what you've said you've liked in the past and your choices now I think you'd like Bae Rouge best. It's a lot like Trunk bay without as many snorkelers. It's a quiet place but still offers full bar and food service as well as water sports. Orient Beach is one of the most visited but I get more complements on Bae Rouge; it's simply addicting.

Here's a short video of the beach at Bae Rouge that will give you a little bit of an idea of how awesome this place is.

A question for YOU: We loved Trunk Bay in St John, how IS Cinnamon Bay in comparison?

Cinnamon Bay is fantastic. As beautiful as Trunk in every way with 75% less people on it. Coconut trees and powder soft sand. There is a small shop with a few snacks, beer, soda and souvenirs. They also rent foam mats, (nice for laying on the sand and in the water) and I think snorkle equip. I am not sure about the snorkle equip as we brought our own. I honestly can't remember much about the snorkling there because I am a terrible snorkeler and am just happy if I can float along without fogging up my mask and swallowing the entire ocean. Not as many amenities as Trunk Bay- but they met our needs. There were taxis available for the trip back to Cruz Bay. You should give it a try and if you don't like it grab a cab back to Trunk Bay. If you do like it- don't tell anyone! Thanks for the tip on Baie Rouge- sounds like it will be the right choice for us. It sounds a lot like Cinnamon Bay.

Archived