price drop and residency discount

I believe after the Allure joins the fleet RCI will have thousands of inside cabins to fill weekly. They can try to pawn these Central Park/Boardwalk view rooms as something other than an inside but that's all they really are. There will be absolutely no privacy in these inside rooms unless you keep your drapes closed. There will be deals-a-plenty on inside cabins I am sure.

You might, I just caught a small price decrease for sept 2011. The base price increased, but they put on an early booking discount, so the net differences worked out about $50 less per person. They changed it to the lower price :)

This was on the UK web site, so it might not be on the US RCCL.

I went in a did a quote for a booking, at the end the price per cabin was more than my rate, but there was a discount of £100 per person applied to the oprice, whch brought it below the price I was paying. It was not labled, it was just taken off of the total amount for the cruise.

I believe after the Allure joins the fleet RCI will have thousands of inside cabins to fill weekly. They can try to pawn these Central Park/Boardwalk view rooms as something other than an inside but that's all they really are. There will be absolutely no privacy in these inside rooms unless you keep your drapes closed. There will be deals-a-plenty on inside cabins I am sure.

This is quite true....When I was just on IOS last month I noticed that almost none(probably less than 10%) of the promenade rooms had their shades open. When the shades were open you lost almost all privacy....thus making those pretty much inside cabins. I have to be honest...even though they have all those boardwalk and central parks balconies, i don't see those all that different also....when you have the shades open in those rooms I am sure your neighbors across the way will also be able to look in loosing almost all privacy....lots of money for a balcony room that you have to keep shades drawn on when you are in your underwear or getting dressed.....I'll take my ocean balcony any day.

This was on the UK web site, so it might not be on the US RCCL.

I went in a did a quote for a booking, at the end the price per cabin was more than my rate, but there was a discount of £100 per person applied to the oprice, whch brought it below the price I was paying. It was not labled, it was just taken off of the total amount for the cruise.

I thought there was no Early Booking Discount for Allure? :confused: mmmm...interesting.

If you go the the UK web site and out in the dates go to the end of the booking porcess, it does not show it as a discount as a seperate item, but it adds it up to £200 less than then quoted prices shouldadd up to. We are booked for Set 2011.

What exactly is the early booking discount? I am also looking at the September 2011 sailing.

Gingee a early discount is when you book at todays prices, for example. I booked for the Oasis in Jan 2010. I Paid a booking for my entire family on a suite, through my TA our price was way better than my sister Lisa and her husband Roberts who booked it last week.

My price was for 4 of us we got a jr. suite 2700.00 we booked this in Dec 2008. Now that price for 4 is not bad, My sister Lisa booked it last week and is paying just the two of them in a Balcony Ocean view 1800.00 each to me that was totally nuts, but she and hubby Robert have the bucks. I told them to share the Jr. Suite with us, but No they wanted their privacy. Newly married.

What Can I say.

I heard that the prices are not going to get cheaper they will get more pricy.

Red our other sister just booked hers in January and she is going off on their cruise not till May and they paid 1500.00 each for the Central Park area. on the 9th floor but that was what they wanted, it was their 22 nd anniv. They go away on their anniv each year.

Loretta

I know it is a stupid question, but do you think they will ever be any price drop or residency discount for Oasis for 2010?

Yes....absolutely. There are a lot of cabins to fill on this ship and RCCL as any other cruise line is not in the habit of sailing with empty cabins....they must try to fill them. While booking may look high right now there are still plenty cabins available....also there is no way of telling how many of those current bookings are TA holds. Oasis has a very steep premium on it and I think that the closer it gets to final the more rooms you are going to see open. 3rd and 4th passenger rates are the highest I have seen for Oasis and they are heavily tiering pricing by category.....thus those booking suites are being charged a extremely steep premium especially. I can tell you that I have priced both an OS for a family of 4 for the same week, same 7 nights on both Oasis and Liberty and Liberty comes out to over $4000 less:eek:than Oasis....thats over a whopping 30% premium for Oasis over a Freedom class ship. I know that everyone wants to sail the newest and greatest but I have to tell you as it gets closer to actual final dates I think that a lot of those families(notice I say families more than couples) with oasis booked are going to start to realize that fact and have a very hard time making that final when they see one of the sister ships for WAY less money.

Yes....absolutely. There are a lot of cabins to fill on this ship and RCCL as any other cruise line is not in the habit of sailing with empty cabins....they must try to fill them. While booking may look high right now there are still plenty cabins available....also there is no way of telling how many of those current bookings are TA holds. Oasis has a very steep premium on it and I think that the closer it gets to final the more rooms you are going to see open. 3rd and 4th passenger rates are the highest I have seen for Oasis and they are heavily tiering pricing by category.....thus those booking suites are being charged a extremely steep premium especially. I can tell you that I have priced both an OS for a family of 4 for the same week, same 7 nights on both Oasis and Liberty and Liberty comes out to over $4000 less:eek:than Oasis....thats over a whopping 30% premium for Oasis over a Freedom class ship. I know that everyone wants to sail the newest and greatest but I have to tell you as it gets closer to actual final dates I think that a lot of those families(notice I say families more than couples) with oasis booked are going to start to realize that fact and have a very hard time making that final when they see one of the sister ships for WAY less money.

You have a good point...I hope you are right and we can see some lower prices for next summer.

Archived