Roatan?

cruiser05

We sail next week and I'm wondering about whether we will be stopping there too. I understand if there is civil unrest, I would not want to be there. I also think it would be ok to go to Cozumel next week. I'd hate to miss 2 ports, but being safe is more important.

I asked one of my Carnival friends in Miami about this and he said the Valor did not make port there because of 'civil unrest' and the next Carnival ship due in didn't make port because they were unable to get accurate information early in the morning.

All seems to be back to normal in Roatan and the ships are returning...

:)

We sail next week and I'm wondering about whether we will be stopping there too. I understand if there is civil unrest, I would not want to be there. I also think it would be ok to go to Cozumel next week. I'd hate to miss 2 ports, but being safe is more important.

Unfortunately it is certain that you will not be able to go to Cozumel. Carnival has FOR SURE canceled all stops in Mexico until the 13th of June.

So you do believe that they should be able to be stopping in Roatan within the next couple of days?

Roatan is a beautiful place, but they have "issues".

The last "civil unrest" was over the cost of electricity.

And unfortunately, you never know when a group is going to form and

start something.

One minute is goes from a council discussion to trees being cut to completely block the roads....:rolleyes:

Archived