I just booked a rerouted PacNorthwest Cruise!

I got the best deal on a rerouted Mexican Riviera Cruise on an Oceanview Room. This is very unlike me as I usually plan things way ahead of time, but I couldn't help it. I love the itinerary and the price and I live so close to Los Angeles. I am very excited! I am on the Mariner June 14th Cruise.

My question is for anyone who is one of these cruises...have you figured out how we can do the ports on our own. Are all the piers we are docking at pretty much walkable to the sites and public transportation? I am assuming that because these changes are so last minute there really isn't any port tours...which I don't usually do anyways, I like doing ports on my own. I just can't seem to find any info on the net. It was easier finding info on doing european cruise ports on your own.

I would also love to hear what the plans are for port days for anyone on these cruises. I have been to San Francisco a couple of times, and love it. So anyone have something interesting and unique they are planning for San Francisco?

Thanks.

I got the best deal on a rerouted Mexican Riviera Cruise on an Oceanview Room. This is very unlike me as I usually plan things way ahead of time, but I couldn't help it. I love the itinerary and the price and I live so close to Los Angeles. I am very excited! I am on the Mariner June 14th Cruise.

My question is for anyone who is one of these cruises...have you figured out how we can do the ports on our own. Are all the piers we are docking at pretty much walkable to the sites and public transportation? I am assuming that because these changes are so last minute there really isn't any port tours...which I don't usually do anyways, I like doing ports on my own. I just can't seem to find any info on the net. It was easier finding info on doing european cruise ports on your own.

I would also love to hear what the plans are for port days for anyone on these cruises. I have been to San Francisco a couple of times, and love it. So anyone have something interesting and unique they are planning for San Francisco?

Thanks.

Your question is very timely, for the first group of the Northern Coastal cruisers just came back today. I'm sure that someone will relate their story!:)

Rick

Thanks.

They should have ship tours for all your ports. I was on the 4/26 sailing and they put together tours for San Francisco on a 1 day notice. I think they were 1) Alcatraz 2) Sausalito and Muir Woods 3) Cable Car tour and Fisherman's Wharf 4) Sorry but can't remember the last one.

In SF, the ship docks very close to Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf. You can go there on your own and walk around. Then take the cable car for $5 down to Union Square and back for a nice view of the city. Or for $26, you can go to Alctraz on your own.

In Seattle, my recommendation would be to go to Pike's Market. It's a great place with all sorts of shops, restaurants, and fun things to see.

Just google tourist attractions for whatever city you will be going to and you'll find lots of things to do.

Also check the ports forum here and you might some good info too. :D

Inital reports from the Mariner cruise are good. Several have posted on the 5/2 roll call with some very nice pics. More reviews to come, they said they had an awesome time.

I am sure there will be many suggestions as to what to do in port.

Inital reports from the Mariner cruise are good. Several have posted on the 5/2 roll call with some very nice pics. More reviews to come, they said they had an awesome time.

I am sure there will be many suggestions as to what to do in port.

That is so great!! Let's see some posted here........as I think that RCCL can fill up the Mariner for this new itinerary.

What were your "great places to see" and what "not to see"........whether it's on your own........or on the ships shore excursions.

Rick

Yes, Vani, welcome to the party! I'm booked on the same cruise also!

I agree with the suggestions for both San Francisco and Seattle.

I'm planning to buy a cablecar/streetcar pass and ride around the city, as well as spend time at Fisherman's Wharf and/or Pier 39. (We will be docked at Pier 35 most likely.)

I plan to go to Pike Place Market in Seattle. Assuming we dock at Pier 66, it's about a half-mile walk, mostly uphill. There is plenty to see and do there. I might be lazy :eek: and take a taxi there and walk back (downhill). :D

In Victoria, my current plan is to book the Hop On/Hop Off tour (very inexpensive through the ship). It is a double-decker bus that goes around the city. When you want to get off, you can, and then it comes back a while later and you can see things on your own. You may find me in the Bengal Bar at the Empress Hotel!

I haven't been to San Fran since the early '90s but if they still do the self-guided audio tour of Alcatraz (where you rent a little sound machine thingy), you MUST do it. It's (or at least was) FAAAAAAABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

I also just booked the June 14th cruise for a girls trip and I can't wait. There are shore excursion for all the ports listed through Royal Caribbean. I booked through travel zoo and they sent this email address as another place to look for excursions www.shoretrips.com.

I know that you won't have any trouble going it on your own in San Francisco or in Seattle unless there is something specific you have your heart set on doing.

Cheers to an excellent voyage.

Hello

I was just wondering if anyone has found things to do in Victoria, San Francisco or Seattle. Has RCCL provided any information to other things to do and see that are not posted in their excursions for these ports. Were traveling Mariner on June 14...a group of 11....thanks for any input :)

Archived