What shoes for Cave Tubing

angiedora

What type of shoes are best for cave tubing? Old tennis shoes or water shoes?

I would bring a pair of flip flops for the drive... and a pair of old tennis shoes that you can give to the tour operator after the walk thru the woods (muddy at times) and thru the caves (they will get soggy !) to provide to folks in Belize who are in need. The Good samaritanship you offer is welcomed and appreciated !

I would bring a pair of flip flops for the drive... and a pair of old tennis shoes that you can give to the tour operator after the walk thru the woods (muddy at times) and thru the caves (they will get soggy !) to provide to folks in Belize who are in need. The Good samaritanship you offer is welcomed and appreciated !

what about crocs. Would they be a good idea?

We just got back this morning from Carnival Freedom in Belize and we had about half the people with water shoes and the other half with old sneakers. Either would be fine but not crocks. I used water shoes and there are alot of rocks getting into the river and your feet do get a little sore with the water shoes. If I had to do it again I probably use old sneakers. But either would suffice.;)

• 4 weeks later...

We wore water shoes the last time and they worked out very well. Tennis shoes would be fine too and it's a nice idea leaving them behind.

so did you just carry your shoes to the site? then change ???
You can just wear them and if you plan to wear flip flops back just carry one or the other in a small bag on the bus trip to the park. You'll want to have some bug repellent and some other stuff with you also anyway. There is a changing room at the park if you need to change. The tour guides leave someone there to watch the bus so whatever you leave behind is safe.

John

In my experience, you'll want to wear something that won't slip off your feet, provide traction when wet, and won't wear blisters. A hiking sandal or something that won't be rubbing on your skin will be ideal. Sneakers and flip-flops are a definite NO!

make sure to put bug repellant on your feet and legs. The fire ants are bad.

In my experience, you'll want to wear something that won't slip off your feet, provide traction when wet, and won't wear blisters. A hiking sandal or something that won't be rubbing on your skin will be ideal. Sneakers and flip-flops are a definite NO!

make sure to put bug repellant on your feet and legs. The fire ants are bad.

I have had no problems with sneakers in the past at all.... now flip flops would for certain be not too wise to wear ! I also always leave the sneakers at the property after the tour to donate to the locals.

I have had no problems with sneakers in the past at all.... now flip flops would for certain be not too wise to wear ! I also always leave the sneakers at the property after the tour to donate to the locals.

I've gone twice with snakers and they were perfect! I also left mine.

It all depends what kind of water shoes you have. I have a very good pair that I bought to climb Dunns River Falls, look like a good pair of sneakers and they were great. I would not wear the cheap kind that have very thin soles so sneakers would be better.

• 2 weeks later...
I love my KEEN's. They are a closed toe waterproof sandal with comfortable antibactial soles. They are comfortable for walking,hiking,kayaking,snorkeling,or any other water/hiking activity.

YES! Specifically, the Newport H2's. We did this excursion in Crocs- big no-no. I've never had such foot pain!

Archived