Question for anyone who's gotten a discount/refund after final payment

I just found out that NCL has a military discount and emailed to ask if I could get a refund or OBC for the amount of the cruise even though I have already made final payment. I was told yes and then got an email with a new "receipt" with the new lower fare on it.. but no one ever specified whether the amount would be credited back to my credit card or given as an OBC. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

I just found out that NCL has a military discount and emailed to ask if I could get a refund or OBC for the amount of the cruise even though I have already made final payment. I was told yes and then got an email with a new "receipt" with the new lower fare on it.. but no one ever specified whether the amount would be credited back to my credit card or given as an OBC. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

One would ASSUME that since it had a new lower fare on it... you have a refund coming back to your c.card...... Good Luck and keep us posted.

I am happy that worked out for you and would like to thank you for your service to the USA. We all appreciate you.:)

It took about a week for my refund to show up on my credit card. It was a good one though. I saw that my cruise was now selling for less - I called, they made the update and I got back over $2000!!

This news really bites! We recently took a Majesty cruise and, like the above poster, I also thought it was only for active duty (as did my TA.)

After making final payment, I was told by a PCC who was assisting me on a Bon Voyage issue, that it also includes Veterans.

So I called my TA and she said she'd try to get me a discount. Later that day, she told me it wasn't possible. GRRRRRR!

I'm so glad I've chosen a NCL PCC to handle our next reservation (the same as above.) She made sure to get that discount first thing.

Yes I had always thought it was active duty only it covers not just active and retired but Honorably discharged that did not retire from the service. That is why I posted about the discount the other day, I figured many don't know about it.

Thank you all for your replies. I did call NCL but could not get ahold of someone at the military desk as it was late on a Sunday night; I just thought I'd check if any of you had any experience. I did get ahold of the military desk today, and they confirmed that it would be a refund back to my CC. Thanks all again.

Archived