Do you know about the UNION discount?

Do you work for a union? I called my TA and recieved several hundred $$ reduction on my cruise because my husband works for a UNION. Hope this info is helpfull to someone. More money saved turns into more shore excursions:) as well as on board activities!!!

Be sure to look at the list of unions that are affiliated with the AFL-CIO because they are the ones that are given the discounts. You would be surprised to see how many unions are listed. Yes, you have to bring your card with you the day you board.

Don't forget.....if you are a Lattitudes member, you can get that discount AND the union discount! I just booked a cruise with both discounts and it adds up!:cool:

NayRN

I got a great discount for being a member of the American Federation of Teachers. I had to give them the union number off of my card. One of the reasons I like NCL... it's really reasonably priced and even more so after my discount.

Unfortunately our Canadian Union (Communications-Energy-Paperworkers) membership does not qualify for an AFL-CIO discount because we don't work in the United States.

I am wondering however if NCL will still apply the discount for a Canadian Union Membership without the AFL-CIO membership?

Guess I should get on that eh?:rolleyes:

I have booked 3 cruises for this year and next and received the union discount on all of them. I faxed a copy of my SEIU union card and was told to present it at embarkation. I just finished the second of the 3 and both times no one asked me for my union card! My father in law gets the veterans discount for service in the Korean war.

I have booked 3 cruises for this year and next and received the union discount on all of them. I faxed a copy of my SEIU union card and was told to present it at embarkation. I just finished the second of the 3 and both times no one asked me for my union card! My father in law gets the veterans discount for service in the Korean war.

Even though you were not asked for the card, I would recommend you travel with it. If they should ask and you don't have it they will re-price your cruise at the pier and take off the discount. Always travel with back-up documentation.

My father belongs to a union. I'm planning on going on the Dawn, and he would not be coming with me, but If I call do you think they would give me the discount? I have a union card with my name on it (like the one that you bring to the doctors, etc)

My father belongs to a union. I'm planning on going on the Dawn, and he would not be coming with me, but If I call do you think they would give me the discount? I have a union card with my name on it (like the one that you bring to the doctors, etc)

It states on the website that the qualifying person MUST be booked in the cabin for the discount to apply, it can then apply to all passengers IN that cabin but they must be in it.

We are sailing on 5/22 and my husband called today to see if we could get the union discount. Unfortunately, they said it had to be done at the time of booking. He asked if perhaps we could get some onboard credits instead but they said no. Worth a try.

We are sailing on 5/22 and my husband called today to see if we could get the union discount. Unfortunately, they said it had to be done at the time of booking. He asked if perhaps we could get some onboard credits instead but they said no. Worth a try.

Um, no it does not have to be done at the time of booking at least the Military one did not. I just had the discounts applied to two cruises I have booked that have been booked for a while.

Now perhaps because yours is so close that might have something to do with it.but I doubt it.

Did you call your TA or NCL directly? If the TA I suspect they did not even bother to call and ask, and if NCL, well just call again, you often get wrong answers from NCL when you call.

Be sure to look at the list of unions that are affiliated with the AFL-CIO because they are the ones that are given the discounts. You would be surprised to see how many unions are listed. Yes, you have to bring your card with you the day you board.

What list do you check? Where would you find it?

Do they only accept the Unions off of that specific list ? Just wondering if I should bother asking. Both my husband and I are part of different Unions however in Canada and they are not on that list.

Archived