~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

I am really happy with my price on flights as wella, I was pleasently surprised, I thought I would have to pay alot more but for 2 people we got $560 Canadian....so I will take it. Also the hotel price in Seattle was alot cheaper then I was expecting so all round it has all been good :D

Wow, just checked the flight we are actually on went up $75.00 but another flight same day only went up $10.00 so I guess the flight we are on - the cheap seats are gone! Lucky us! Crazy any way, going same place arrive about the same time, just goes thru different connecting airports - flight is 1/2 hour less.

Thanks everyone for the information, we haven't booked our flight

yet, I checked yesterday prices weren't bad but I haven't checked

today. MH is unsure about the arrival day, Were thinking about a

post crusie adventure, maybe rent a car and do some site seeing.

Annette is checking on a group deal for the Hotel so I will wait to

see what she comes up with.

Thanks everyone for the information, we haven't booked our flight

yet, I checked yesterday prices weren't bad.

I look here for airfare. They have all airlines [except Southwest], along with several "consolidators". They don't sell airfare here. Just provide info

http://www.kayak.com

I think I will wait to see what Southwest has to offer. There May dates and prices will not be out until the end of Oct.

Right now they have pretty good prices up to March so I am hoping it continues until May

I look here for airfare. They have all airlines [except Southwest], along with several "consolidators". They don't sell airfare here. Just provide info

http://www.kayak.com

Lucky you - if you can use SW, we can't from our area and the baggage rate is another 25 - 35 dollars to your plane fares. Kiri from Quality Inn suites is at an event until Friday but I did get her e-mail address so I am going to email her. Hopefully I will hear something after that.

I guess we're in a "limbo" period for the excursions on the Carnival site. They're listed, but without prices. I noticed a couple new ones, but I'll just have to keep checking back.

Still not sure what we're going to do in Ketchikan and Victoria.

I guess we're in a "limbo" period for the excursions on the Carnival site. They're listed, but without prices. I noticed a couple new ones, but I'll just have to keep checking back.

Still not sure what we're going to do in Ketchikan and Victoria.

From what I understand those are the ones they have planned for next year, and there were a couple of new ones and once they post prices people will be able to book online if their final payment is made.

I also checked prices yesterday and our inside group prices are quite, quite a bit less. Balcony too. Join us all you lurkers.....we have the best price in town! Not to mention the crazies group of people!

You have to be crazy to get excited about 1000 mark on this thread! :D

I think only 10 or 11 to our 1000 posted mark! We should get it today.....wonder who it will be!

It is starting to look like fall here, the leaves are falling.....;)

Hi everyone,

Discussed with MH and I believe we are going to rent a car and do a

self tour in Skagway. I am trying for a van to see if we can get a group

but right now I only have a car and if anyone is interested in going with

us let me know. Maybe we can get others to rent a car and we can

tail gate together.

Not final on price or travel details yet, except we know that we will be

driving the Klondike hyw and heading towards Carcross and Emerald Lakes

makeing stops along the way.

Hi everyone,

Discussed with MH and I believe we are going to rent a car and do a

self tour in Skagway. I am trying for a van to see if we can get a group

but right now I only have a car and if anyone is interested in going with

us let me know. Maybe we can get others to rent a car and we can

tail gate together.

Not final on price or travel details yet, except we know that we will be

driving the Klondike hyw and heading towards Carcross and Emerald Lakes

makeing stops along the way.

Chris - This is exactly what Phil and I want to do in Skagway. I've checked around and the cheapest rentals are at Sourdough Car Rentals (but the web site is down right now). They have everything from cars to vans to trucks.

More later...have to go to physical therapy.

Chris - This is exactly what Phil and I want to do in Skagway. I've checked around and the cheapest rentals are at Sourdough Car Rentals (but the web site is down right now). They have everything from cars to vans to trucks.

I will check there website.

The only rental company I am finding in Skagway is Avis and the price

with taxes is $130.00, I reserved a car but I did not have to leave a

credit card so if I find a better deal I can cancell that one.

Will let you know what I find out.

Let me know if you and Phil are interested in joining us

physical therapy - Kathi....WHAT HAPPEN?

I will check there website.

The only rental company I am finding in Skagway is Avis and the price

with taxes is $130.00, I reserved a car but I did not have to leave a

credit card so if I find a better deal I can cancell that one.

Will let you know what I find out.

Let me know if you and Phil are interested in joining us

Chris - We're definitely interested and have been trying to get 2 or 3 couples together for this. Sourdough's 2009 prices were about the same for a astro mini van or a dodge durango. They rent everything from a dodge neon to a ford F-150 pickup. Hopefully they're only having a glitch with their web site. I've read reviews on these boards and they seem like a good company. We're also going to purchase one of the milepost by milepost guides from Murray's guides. The download is only $5.00, but the 2010 version won't be available until April. My DH, Phil, is concerned because of the remoteness of the highway with little or no cell reception. Not sure how many ships will be docked with us that day, but since it's the major road out of Skagway, I feel comfortable driving it.

Once I get the info from Sourdough, we can talk more. :D

I have the post by post directions somewhere. I will look for them. I heard that Sourdough takes off for a month following season - not sure if true or not. I have checked with Dave about a bus tour after the train stop at Fraizer.

physical therapy - Kathi....WHAT HAPPEN?

Old age!! :o

The last couple months I've had some back problems. Had x-rays and they're not real happy with L4 & L5, plus arthritis, tingling, numbness and stabbing pain down my left leg when I stand up (thankfully the pain would only last the first 5 or 6 steps and now is almost gone) plus a couple other things....bottom line old age!! LOL So, they're trying to improve my lower back strength hoping that it will help everything. At $25 bucks a pop, it better do something!!! :rolleyes: It's cutting into my excursion fund!! LOL

I have the post by post directions somewhere. I will look for them. I heard that Sourdough takes off for a month following season - not sure if true or not. I have checked with Dave about a bus tour after the train stop at Fraizer.

I thought the train was round trip?

Archived