~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

Okay!! Make me feel guilty. :o I'm reading this and eating the leftovers of my Dairy Queen blizzard! :eek:

But see, you space the blizzard and don't eat it all at once! I do the same. My husband and son eat it all at once and the next night I have some left and they don't!

But see, you space the blizzard and don't eat it all at once! I do the same. My husband and son eat it all at once and the next night I have some left and they don't!

I need to loose a ton, then gained a ton and a half - but you are right it's life style thing, not a diet thing. I did weight watchers and did pretty good but as soon as I stop back if comes with a more!

I really need to get back to it! As everyone said it is just a short time to long days and night and don't need to be carry extra pounds around!

Is it time to go yet??? I didnt see our cruise on Carnival anymore. Is it sold out :confused::confused::confused: How is everyone doing?

Hey, It is very close to be sold out and while people can still book it is at the going rate. I am not sure what the going rate is right now but a few weeks ago for an inside it was about 2.5 times what our orginial group rate was. I need to contact Johna and see if they allowed her to keep the cabin in the group that someone had to cancel this week.

I wish it was time to go! :p

Has everyone sent away for their passports?

Has everyone sent away for their passports?

I've had one for a decade--so this is more curiosity than anything. I thought as a "closed-loop" cruise starting/ending at the same US port, they weren't necessary. Just recommended...

I've had one for a decade--so this is more curiosity than anything. I thought as a "closed-loop" cruise starting/ending at the same US port, they weren't necessary. Just recommended...

It is debatable for this cruise so I have been told. It does stop in Victoria which is in Canada, also some tours in Skagway fo into Canada

Kathi, just e-mailed u back!

I need to contact Johna and see if they allowed her to keep the cabin in the group that someone had to cancel this week.

Well, guys that someone was Phil and me. :(

Suddenly more things have happened over the last few weeks then I can explain that caused us to cancel. We are so bummed!

Johna at Crucon was great. We're planning to reschedule for May or June 2011 when Carnival post the schedules. She showed us a way so that we won't incur any cancellation fees. :o

I'm still going to pop in here and talk to you all. I want each of you to post after the cruise so I can see that you had a great time and I'll get to see what I have to look forward to! :D

Suddenly more things have happened over the last few weeks then I can explain that caused us to cancel. We are so bummed!

Johna at Crucon was great. We're planning to reschedule for May or June 2011 when Carnival post the schedules. She showed us a way so that we won't incur any cancellation fees. :o

I'm still going to pop in here and talk to you all. I want each of you to post after the cruise so I can see that you had a great time and I'll get to see what I have to look forward to! :D

Kathi, as I expressed to you privately, we will miss you and Phil and we are all very sorry that this trip was not in the cards for you at this time. We look forward to hearing from you in the future and seeing you on a cruise in the future! May still hit you up for a scrapbook template to take on the cruise if you don't mind and if anyone is interested.

Kathi,

Sorry that you had to cancel. Sometimes life just gets in the way and there is nothing you can do about it!

Blessings to you and hope all is well.

Karen

May still hit you up for a scrapbook template to take on the cruise if you don't mind and if anyone is interested.

You got it...it anyone is interested.

Kathi,

Sorry that you had to cancel. Sometimes life just gets in the way and there is nothing you can do about it!

Blessings to you and hope all is well.

Karen

Thanks, Karen. You guys are going to have a great time. I can't wait to hear the stories and see pictures.

Oh Kathi, I'm so sorry you won't be traveling with us! I will miss you as it already seems I know you. Thank you for sharing so much with us on the boards! I was just catching up on the boards & saw that you fry your turkey. My mouth is drooling... If you don't already for your next holiday use almond oil to fry the turkey instead of peanut. It is that much more amazing!

Techmom, good for you for jumping back in to healthy! My family has decided to wait until after Christmas to get started back. Luckily the 10 pounds I lost in the 1st week when I started "appearances" has remained off. So as long as I can maintain, after the Christmas leftovers are gone we will be back on board!

Annette, I haven't been to the website in a hot minute, but will be my next stop. Do you think we can have a tab or page on the website about healthy eating or support so everyone can come talk diet daily if they want. Support is always good. Just a thought...

Now that I've caught up & Luke & Laura are getting married again, well actually Laura is in France & Luke is married to Tracy Quartermain (Yea, I still watch)...

Well, Darn I missed one more thing...

So on the Legend (Same exact layout as our ship the Spirit) I picked up a scrapbook package on the last day to take home & scap. It was even on sale. I didn't attend the scrapbooking event, as I usually wait to print my pictures when I get home.

The whole point of this is that there were about 3 or 4 different themed packages, of which I bought only 1 & was able to decorate my whole scrapbook with little outside additions. The link is on my signature & will show the whole scrapbook. It was a Carribean cruise, and the pack even had stickers with the port of call names. I'm sure they will have something like that for Alaska.

...This whole rambling because someone was wondering about the Spirit's supplies... (I think it was Annette - but then I may be wrong.)

Kathi,

I'm so sorry you had to cancel! I know how much it stinks, I've been there before, but now you have an extra year to plan!! Hope everything works out for you and that you can still go in 2011. Best of Luck.

Oh Kathi, I'm so sorry you won't be traveling with us! I will miss you as it already seems I know you. Thank you for sharing so much with us on the boards! I was just catching up on the boards & saw that you fry your turkey. My mouth is drooling... If you don't already for your next holiday use almond oil to fry the turkey instead of peanut. It is that much more amazing!

Thanks for for kind words. When we decided to cancel I felt like I was letting my friends down! So I understand....we share so much daily on these boards! :o

My Southern born and raised husband believes that this is the only way to eat turkey. Years ago I thought he was crazy, but the taste is unbelievable plus it only takes 40-45 minutes to cook!

Kathi,

I'm so sorry you had to cancel! I know how much it stinks, I've been there before, but now you have an extra year to plan!! Hope everything works out for you and that you can still go in 2011. Best of Luck.

One of the main reasons was not being able to add our son to the cruise. He wasn't sure of his summer college schedule, so we waited. But, it turns out we waited too long to add him as a third to our cabin. With the cruise almost sold out an upgrade from a double 4B to a triple inside cabin would have cost nearly $2000 extra. A bunch of other boring things happened...like a minor break-in to our home where the damage was less than the deductible, major engine repairs to my SUV, trying to help Steven with his college expense (scholarships only go so far :rolleyes:) etc.

Annette, I haven't been to the website in a hot minute, but will be my next stop. Do you think we can have a tab or page on the website about healthy eating or support so everyone can come talk diet daily if they want. Support is always good. Just a thought...

Just go to our Group folder area and start a folder on healthy eating, I am all for it. We just have to keep it in the group folder area! I think it would be GREAT to have support!

Let me know if you need me to do it.

See Kathi, I told you would really be missed. You better keep in touch girl or we are going to come and haunt you!

Just found out that DMIL and DFIL has to cancell due to DFIL's failing health. I will be cancelling it on MOnday so if anyone out there has a friend wanting to get on this cruise, I can email you my PVP's name and they could call right after and grab the room, it is a balcony room on deck 5 right at mid ship.

Kim

Hi Kim sorry you have to cancell but if you don't mind some friends of ours could not get on the cruise at our price and was really disappointed. I will have them call Johnua on Monday and see what they can find out.

Just found out that DMIL and DFIL has to cancell due to DFIL's failing health. I will be cancelling it on MOnday so if anyone out there has a friend wanting to get on this cruise, I can email you my PVP's name and they could call right after and grab the room, it is a balcony room on deck 5 right at mid ship.

Kim

Not sure what the group rate was. They booked under the normal rate because they where not sure if they could make it or not so they didn't book the early saver rate, I think for the 2 of them it was $2400 or $2500.

I can hold off a bit to cancell to see what the person doing the group rate can work out....sorry forget her name. Johna I think, but anyways if something can be worked out let me know...like I said I can wait till a few days into next week to cancell.

Thanks Kim but I don't believe that they will be able to get the group rate, Johna said that all the rooms were taken back so Carnival could charge the regular price so I dought that they will be able to get any kind of discount. Just go ahead and cancell when it is good for you and I will have my friends talk to Johna on Monday

Not sure what the group rate was. They booked under the normal rate because they where not sure if they could make it or not so they didn't book the early saver rate, I think for the 2 of them it was $2400 or $2500.

I can hold off a bit to cancell to see what the person doing the group rate can work out....sorry forget her name. Johna I think, but anyways if something can be worked out let me know...like I said I can wait till a few days into next week to cancell.

Archived