~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

That's like us driving to Greensboro, saves us quite a bit. How far is Buffalo? Greensoboro is about 75 - 100 miles away from us.

Baltimore is even cheaper but about 4 - 5 hours away. Funny, Kathi you are even farther away from Seattle then we are but cheaper. Busier areas!

Pouring again...... we are now under a flood watch! Storm watch last night. Seattle must have sent the rain our way. I would love to send it your way Tech, I will try wishing it your way!

Annette Buffalo is about a 2 - 2.5 hour drive depending on traffic and construction. We have the same hotel we stay at for park and flyes as we fly out of Buffalo 3 - 4 times a year. DH likes it cause we can stop at duty free and get 2 (24) packs of the premium beer DH likes for $30 and those same to cases would cost us just over $100 here:eek:

What's funny is that I've been seeing the flights out of West Palm cheaper than most of the flights out of Fort Lauderdale or Miami. When I first started looking I thought Miami (the busiest airport) would be cheaper.

Everyone have a great day....off to work.

Checked flights again here from Greensboro. They are still the same price. Better then going up. The flight from Charlotte is still higher. No brainer, Charlotte will not be where we leave from, unless by chance it goes down.

Another rainy day. We had TS warnings last night and Tornado warnings just south of us. This weather is crazy. Its supposed to get to 95 Saturday and hopefully sunny!

Checked flights again here from Greensboro. They are still the same price. Better then going up. The flight from Charlotte is still higher. No brainer, Charlotte will not be where we leave from, unless by chance it goes down.

Another rainy day. We had TS warnings last night and Tornado warnings just south of us. This weather is crazy. Its supposed to get to 95 Saturday and hopefully sunny!

We had the Tornado warnings too..... I want to be home in bed! Too bored to work. I started the next line story again in our thread. Who's going to write the next line. Great way to get to know each other and maybe have a little fun! Spirit's going to Alaska!

OFFICIAL ~ SPIRITing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun

on

May 11, 2010. ~ OFFICIAL

Special $25.00 Deposit for a limited time. Join US!

This is the first R/T for the Spirit out of Seattle ~

Join us for this special event!

CRUISE INTINERARY

Tue Seattle, Washington 4:00 pm

Wed At Sea

Thu Cruise Tracy Arm

Fri Skagway, Alaska 7:00 am - 9:00 pm

Sat Juneau, Alaska 7:00 am - 3:00 pm

Sun Ketchikan, Alaska 7:00 am - 1:00 pm

Mon Victoria, British Columbia 7:30 pm -11:59 pm

Tue Seattle, Washington 7:00 am

Deposit Info

A reduced deposit is available for double occupancy $25 per person, guarantee cabins until July 9, 2009 - (I will be requesting an extension) The full per person deposit of $350 is required for all singles, triples, quads, suite and ocean view staterooms. The second deposit of $325 per person is due November 13, 2009 for those who book at the reduced deposit. The final payment for the group is due January 22, 2010. There is a $50 cancellation penalty per cabin.

*Your Cruise Critic Group Cruise Includes:

$100 per cabin on board credit

Champagne and Chocolates

Cruise Critic Lanyards or similar(One per person)

Cruise Critic Magnets or similar (One per stateroom)

15% Discount on all other Cruise Critic Logowear

All Port Charges, Taxes, and Fees

Please let us know if you want to join our awesome goofy group!

IM000347.jpg

Can you imagine waking up to that! JOIN US!

Contact Annette for pricing or any questions. Member Cruise Info or Member Cruise Folder

Going to be a BLAST!

Good SUNNY morning! Its supposed to storm really bad tonight but for now, I see sun and blue skies. Think its a good time to go clean the pool.

1st, I am booking hotel. I was so busy before yesterday, I didn't have time. Think it would be great to book where others are. I think were booking just the day before the cruise. My work may yell if I do more then 9 days. I have to work again today 2-11. :rolleyes:

Last post didn't give me the option to edit. In any case...Booked :D Now to get the flight booked when we can and it will all be done, except excursions.

Yea, so r u joining us at the QI on John's St.? :D

SUN here so far!

ME TOO! I think your Texas weather has moved in here finally! The weather in ALASKA today is.....

Temperature: Mostly cloudy 60°

Humidity: 49%

Wind: S 6 mph

Pressure: 29.73 in. STEADY

Visibility: 10 mi.

Sunrise: 4:21 AM | Sunset: 11:41 PM

Hi everyone,

Anyone ever hear of a car sharing (rental) company called "Zipcar"? They have locations all around Seattle. It's a great option for "car sharing". For a yearly fee of $35 you can use a car on an hourly basis. Most of the Zipcar cars around downtown Seattle cost $9.00 to $11.00 an hour. It's an interesting way to use a car around town for sight seeing for a few hours. For the heck of it, I looked at Enterprise and their daily rate for economy is around $80. I guess Zipcar is a good option if you only want to use the car for a few hours...the hourly rate also includes insurance and gas. It was originally set up for people without cars that needed one every so often.

Off to watch "You think you can dance".....

Hi everyone,

Anyone ever hear of a car sharing (rental) company called "Zipcar"? They have locations all around Seattle. It's a great option for "car sharing". For a yearly fee of $35 you can use a car on an hourly basis. Most of the Zipcar cars around downtown Seattle cost $9.00 to $11.00 an hour. It's an interesting way to use a car around town for sight seeing for a few hours. For the heck of it, I looked at Enterprise and their daily rate for economy is around $80. I guess Zipcar is a good option if you only want to use the car for a few hours...the hourly rate also includes insurance and gas. It was originally set up for people without cars that needed one every so often.

Off to watch "You think you can dance".....

Wow, really interesting, I had never heard of them. I did read some more interesting info on Seattle when readding about the zipcar. Seattle itself is going to be experience. Too much to do - in such a short time! Thanks for the info, Kathi!

Wow, really interesting, I had never heard of them. I did read some more interesting info on Seattle when readding about the zipcar. Seattle itself is going to be experience. Too much to do - in such a short time! Thanks for the info, Kathi!

Good Morning all,

Yea, it's Friday! Another sunny day here. This is going to be such a fanastic cruise. Pre-cruise and the cruise it's self, are really going to be out of this world. The more I look the more I see to do! Seattle looks like it has so much to offer.

Funny Annette, we seem to have the same weather. Sunny here and going to be about 95, today and tomorrow. I work 2-11 again today but I am off tomorrow! I plan on doing nothing tomorrow but relaxing by the pool and go shopping.

I wish I could have more then just the 1 day at Seattle. If I can book the flight I want, we would get into Seattle about 11:15. The hotel says check-in is 3:00pm. I hope we can do an early check in since we will have luggage. Cruising is so different when we have to fly in verses driving. We hope to get to check in early so we can drop off the bags and go explore. :D

Funny Annette, we seem to have the same weather. Sunny here and going to be about 95, today and tomorrow. I work 2-11 again today but I am off tomorrow! I plan on doing nothing tomorrow but relaxing by the pool and go shopping.

I wish I could have more then just the 1 day at Seattle. If I can book the flight I want, we would get into Seattle about 11:15. The hotel says check-in is 3:00pm. I hope we can do an early check in since we will have luggage. Cruising is so different when we have to fly in verses driving. We hope to get to check in early so we can drop off the bags and go explore. :D

We are coming in on Sunday, so you need a place to just throw your bags, we may be able to just have them put them in our room until yours is ready. Or a lot of times they will hold them behind the desk for you! That way you can catch look around abit.

Thats what I was going to do. I was going to ask the room wasn't ready, if they could hold the bags until check-in. I don't know why they wouldn't. People would see us wheeling luggage behind us and say "Tourist" :cool:

It was such a BAD day at work tonight :( I really need a vacation!

Thats what I was going to do. I was going to ask the room wasn't ready, if they could hold the bags until check-in. I don't know why they wouldn't. People would see us wheeling luggage behind us and say "Tourist" :cool:

It was such a BAD day at work tonight :( I really need a vacation!

Cheri, Sorry to hear that! It is warm today here. Hoping to head out to the Lake i n a bit! :D Hope all are having a GREAT weekend!

Good morning! Hope everyone has a great day. It's the first day in quite a while I have nothing planned! No work, no errands that have to be done today, no scrapbooking events, no anything!! Yeah!! So, I'm going to spend some time on the computer and not feel guilty!!

Good morning! Hope everyone has a great day. It's the first day in quite a while I have nothing planned! No work, no errands that have to be done today, no scrapbooking events, no anything!! Yeah!! So, I'm going to spend some time on the computer and not feel guilty!!

Sometimes we just need some down time to do nothing! I need to work on some scrapbooking myself, I am so far behind! How often do you do the scrapbboking events?

I try to do get with friends or go to a event at a nearby store twice a month. Because of my full time and part time jobs, Saturdays are my only free days. Today, even though I said I had nothing to do, I ended up searching through masses and masses of paper for something Phil needed. :rolleyes: I really have to be more organized. As I was going through everything I found our cruise docs and such from our Sensation cruise. :eek:

I know the feeling, I was going to do pictures for a book for my grandson but is it so hot....I only got one page done. But did get homemade pasta sause made, even using fresh tomatoes. Never made it to the lake.

I am making ET (grandson) a book of pictures of things he will might see in ALaska.

2025967827_BrownBear.jpg.59f2de36aa43d2757e7b0c209ff96b19.jpg

Archived