~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

Hi All,

I know everyone is busy and the post may be the last thing on your mind, but just an FYI:

If you ever want to search for the post, rather than scrolling thru coutless pages, click on your name, click on your stats, then your posts and it will bring up all your posts. Then just click on us and go to the last page. Just one shortcut, I am sure there are others. I hope Jenny is OK, we havn't heard from her in ages!

I hope everyone out there is having a fun filled summer!

Anybody got any special summer plans?

I know Cheri is going to Neb. When do you go? How long a drive is that? I am saving my vacation for Alaska so I won't be doing anything more than a day here and there.

Good Morning.

The drive to Nebraska is 21 hours. We canceled tho. We were actually supposed to come back this past Monday. We thought it wise to put it off because of the economy. Dan's saving his vacation time this week and using it for days they have no work. We are hoping to go to Myrtle beach for 4 nights in August tho. He would have to use only 2 days.

Work changed my schedule and I have to work now Monday-Friday 2-11. I am working the fitting room/phone :eek: Will be long days since thats the worst part of my job LOL.

Anyone know if we will be able to just walk up to the port?

We are considering renting a vehicle since there will be 8 of us in town for a few days, and just have DH and myself drop everyone off at the port to get in line and we will drop off the car and walk about. 2.5 miles isn't too far.

Kim

My son in law just told me tonight he knows someone in Seattle. So, I will get him to contact the person about the port. We were talking about when we were leaving tonight and they are all for the early flight so I guess we will be leaving Greensboro on the early flight, so we have more time in Seattle.

It looks like all the flights leave Seattle about 11:30 to get back to the East Coast, anyone out there know what time we get off the Spirit? Actually, I guess we won't know since we are the first one out of Seattle ROUND TRIP so I guess there may be no answer. But, if anyone has info, I would appreciate info on self debarkation at Seattle.

It looks like all the flights leave Seattle about 11:30 to get back to the East Coast, anyone out there know what time we get off the Spirit? Actually, I guess we won't know since we are the first one out of Seattle ROUND TRIP so I guess there may be no answer. But, if anyone has info, I would appreciate info on self debarkation at Seattle.

I'm thinking that we should dock early. Victoria is only about 110 miles from Seattle...BUT...you never know with customs how soon they will let us leave the ship. We decided to fly out Wednesday morning. I never checked the prices, but would it be worth it for you to book through Carnival to guarantee the connection?

Spent the day yesterday scrapbooking with friends. Boy was it a much needed day of relaxing and down time!! Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I'm thinking that we should dock early. Victoria is only about 110 miles from Seattle...BUT...you never know with customs how soon they will let us leave the ship. We decided to fly out Wednesday morning. I never checked the prices, but would it be worth it for you to book through Carnival to guarantee the connection?

Spent the day yesterday scrapbooking with friends. Boy was it a much needed day of relaxing and down time!! Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Hey Kathi,

That sounds like a fun day! I have about 12 - 15 sheets of Seattle map background paper, hopefully closer to cruise time we can get a count of who will be joining us for the Scrapbook session on board, to see if I have enough. Johna said we can request a space for our meetings in Dec. (Meet & Greet, scrapbooking, etc.)

I checked the arrival time and it says 7:00 am, so hopefully that means we will get there in the early morning hours and be docked by 7:00 ready for customs to clear us. I think we have to be at the airport by 11:00am, so we will need to get off by 9:30ish. We can't book thru Carnival and with the horror stories I would be afraid to. We are just going to try the self debarkation for the first time and go get one of the special passes to get off. Just hope we don't have too much with the baby and carseat! I know Cheri will be in the same boat since is flying from NC. Also, being a group I don't think Carnival would help, I would have to make arrangements thru Johna.

I wish we could go back Wednesday but son-n-law has to go to work Wed, and rest of us go back Thursday.

We may have a couple of other folks going from this area, I will try to get them online closer to cruise time.

Back from the beach. It was so much fun. Got a little burned. Bad part is I have to head to work in an hour. I have the 2-11 shift all week :(

I am afraid to push the 11:40am flight. I think we will book the 2:10pm flight. I hate getting in at midnight but I am afraid we'll miss the plane home. I see they also have a 12:40pm flight. I need to look at all the options when I have more time. Today is so rushed.

Back from the beach. It was so much fun. Got a little burned. Bad part is I have to head to work in an hour. I have the 2-11 shift all week :(

I am afraid to push the 11:40am flight. I think we will book the 2:10pm flight. I hate getting in at midnight but I am afraid we'll miss the plane home. I see they also have a 12:40pm flight. I need to look at all the options when I have more time. Today is so rushed.

If we back into Lynchburg, it is $100 cheaper but you have to do the 11:30 flight. And Lynchburg is only 30 miles vs 100. and $100 times 5 is a chunk of change!

Hi All,

May want to check flight prices today, there is a lot of changes going on. I have been checking daily and they seemed to changing several times. I missed the low flight from Lynchburg yesterday but today showing a drop in the Greensboro flight. Maybe too low to not jump on it!

Ok, we hve booked our flight. We got from Greensboro to Seattle for $199 plus taxes, so less than $250 a person. So I feel good about that! And the return leaves 2:10pm so less rushing from the ship than trying to get a before 12:00 flight!

So, this is really coming together! Whoo Hoo!

One more step closer!! :eek: You must be so excited! The flights from West Palm to Seattle have also been running around $240. I've budgeted $325 per person...so hopefully that will give us some extra $$ for "whatever". I'm going to wait for a couple more months to book though.

We've been looking seriously at the whale watching in Juneau with Captain Jack. I may book that this week...scared that it might get filled since it looks like a smaller boat. I'm going to call Thursday afternoon. I'll post the info if anyone else is interested.

Where did ya book thru Annette? I am still seeing about 297.00 PP.

I am OFF today! Have an appointment ti get my hair trimmed in a couple of hours. Besides that, I hope to do nothing :)

Try either priceline or e x p e d i a, I was shocked when I saw it for that price so we jumped on it right away! I don't think I will find it lower than that. It was $230 each with tax and goverment fees.

Hey Cheri,

Just checked and if you leave on Sat or Sunday you can still get the rate that reduced this weekend but if you go on Monday it is ...$297, which is still a bit lower than it was a few weeks ago.

Just a quick check in gang. Hope everyone is doing great!!!!

Can we cruise yet!!!

Oh, how I wish! My daughter is finally getting excited since her beach week is over! She was looking at the hotel room and things to do.

My daughter has been researching Seattle all day! There is so much to see there also. The City Tour Pass is a Great value you get 6 attractions for $54; including the Space Needle, Zoo, and Aquarirum. The Food Tour ar Pike's Market also sounds like a must do! I will post links in the Group folder sections!

Archived