~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

Just a quick note to anyone thinking about RCL Oasis of the Seas. One of the ladies at my scrapbook weekend is a diamond plus member with RCL and sailed on the inaugural cruise out of Ft Lauderdale. She shared one of the two story crown loft suites with her daughter and son-in-law (her husband came down with a bad flu - not H1N1 and decided to stay home). The pictures of the suite and ship were phenomenal! I was wondering how the crowds are handled on such a large ship, but she said it wasn't bad at all. She's already booked the same cabin for the new Allure of the Seas inaugural cruise.

She goes on around 6 cruises a year and I've seen some of her past pictures. I told her I want her life!!! Her next cruise will be the first with Carnival. She's traveling with a group from her church and sharing a cabin with one of the other ladies....an inside cabin on the Sensation. I started laughing that the cabin was going to be the size of her bathroom on the Oasis! :eek:

Just a quick note to anyone thinking about RCL Oasis of the Seas. One of the ladies at my scrapbook weekend is a diamond plus member with RCL and sailed on the inaugural cruise out of Ft Lauderdale. She shared one of the two story crown loft suites with her daughter and son-in-law (her husband came down with a bad flu - not H1N1 and decided to stay home). The pictures of the suite and ship were phenomenal! I was wondering how the crowds are handled on such a large ship, but she said it wasn't bad at all. She's already booked the same cabin for the new Allure of the Seas inaugural cruise.

She goes on around 6 cruises a year and I've seen some of her past pictures. I told her I want her life!!! Her next cruise will be the first with Carnival. She's traveling with a group from her church and sharing a cabin with one of the other ladies....an inside cabin on the Sensation. I started laughing that the cabin was going to be the size of her bathroom on the Oasis! :eek:

You are right! The Sensation is a nice ship but the inside cabins are only 172 ft or there abouts. And that is with the bathroom.

Kathi, we are going on healthy eating meal plans if you want to join us, we have a thread in the member area. (That you need to, but remember you mentioned it before.):D We would love to have you - right now it is just Kim, Dana and I!

Love the photos Annette.....makes it more exciting to go!!!!

Graham, I think we are going back to do the 1/2 marathon next year only. It is hard where I live to train for a full in January and the 1/2's are just more fun and I can walk properly after doing them;) You will love the disney marathons they are alot of fun.

Kim

Love the photos Annette.....makes it more exciting to go!!!!

Graham, I think we are going back to do the 1/2 marathon next year only. It is hard where I live to train for a full in January and the 1/2's are just more fun and I can walk properly after doing them;) You will love the disney marathons they are alot of fun.

Kim

For us not runners here can you explain what the marathon is exactly. In my mind I am thinking long distance running. I am close.

Yup 1/2 marathon is 13.1 miles and full is 26.2 miles but the sport is now so poplular you get people who only run, or only walk or a combo of both.

Wow, I would be dead before I got 1/8, or less! Thanks for explaining Kim,

I just booked our activity for Ketchian (sp), I will post on the member board the details later. It sounds really interesting; have other made plans yet?

After a bout with illness [pneumonia/bronchitis], Diana/I are back "in the swing of things". We're set to finalize things with both the Reception/Wedding Invitations by week's end. Sunday, we're set to go to the play Proof. Written by David Auburn, Proof is the acclaimed play that inspired the 2005 film by the same name. It's a story of family/faith/math

Yup 1/2 marathon is 13.1 miles and full is 26.2 miles

One of the "things we do" is staff a water station at the Los Angeles Marathon. This year's Marathon is set for 3/21...our wedding for 3/19. Potentially an "interesting" honeymoon choice

Thank you so much Jim for volunteering for the marathon, we wouldn't be able to enjoy doing this events without you. The volunteers are greatly appreciated and I make sure I tell them at every water station.

Now I think you are allowed to miss for your honeymoon :)

What excursions did you pick? We are finallizing ours this weekend. Only thing for sure is the train in skagway and DH is doing a floatplane in Ketchikan.

We are doing the train and booked the private taxi in Ketchikan, they pick you up at the ship and take you all over the area. We want to go see the totem poles and some of the forest as well as in town. Raelly decent prices. They have one cab we will be using, may have 2 seats left in it and then 6 can go in the other one. Based on hour so if you have 6 people really reasonable.

What excursions did you pick? .

The train in Skagway and the walk to see the seals (free).

Whale watching in Juneau and taxi to waterfall.

The Lumberjack show/ketchikan highlights in Ketchikan.

Can we actually get off the ship in Canada or is that just a convenience stop to make the itin legal?

The train in Skagway and the walk to see the seals (free).

Whale watching in Juneau and taxi to waterfall.

The Lumberjack show/ketchikan highlights in Ketchikan.

Can we actually get off the ship in Canada or is that just a convenience stop to make the itin legal?

Did you actually book, or just make the decision of what to do?

Did you book independent or with Carnival? I am showing them not available to book yet.

Don't know the reason we are stopping in Victoria but we are definatley making a stop to get off the ship.
It's something to do with some international cruise law....might be called the Jones Act....but not sure. All round trip US cruises have to stop in a foreign port.

I'm having so much fun reading everyone's plans. I keep waiting to see the 2011 Alaska schedule so I can start making plans.

Wish you where still coming with us Kathi.

Not sure if I listed out excursions yet but we have

DH flightseeing in Ketchikan, I think I might do the "DUCK" tour haven't decided yet.

Skagway is the Whitepass train then just roam around the town.

Juneau is mendenhall glacier and just roam around again

Victoria, we are either doing a haunted ghost tour or meeting up with our nephew for dinner. Haven't seen him in years so we are hoping for the dinner.

We are in Seattle a few days pre-cruise so I think we are doing the underground tour, a ghost tour and the DUCK thing there as well.

Is everyone still booked at Quality Inn???

Archived