~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

We are doing the Whale watching in Juneau and the lumberjack show and Indian village in Ketichan and the train with salmon back and onion saloon in Skagway.All booked thru Carnival. Werent they supposed to take the final payment out on January 22nd?? They didnt take ours yet. We are gonna book that hotel with the group too :D

We are doing the Whale watching in Juneau and the lumberjack show and Indian village in Ketichan and the train with salmon back and onion saloon in Skagway.All booked thru Carnival. Werent they supposed to take the final payment out on January 22nd?? They didnt take ours yet. We are gonna book that hotel with the group too :D

How did you book the tours with Carnival? We are really thinking about the Whale watching in Juneau. When I sign on it is showing no prices and says book online. If you booked with the CC Group - I talk to Johna and she said that it may take a couple of days after the 22nd, but that is not a problem; Carnival gives them a few days to get them done. Mine hasn't been taken out either.

They took the full amount for our final payment today so hopefully we can get our documents and cabin number soon :D

I think we are going to book with Orca for Whale watching and Mendenhall Glacier. We really want to do both and Orca was willing to combine a tour for us to do both. :D Talked to them on the phone, they were really nice. They have good reviews in the ALASKA area!

Also talked to Johna, we really need to think about getting a room reserved if we want to do a get together.

Dana, you doing OK, havn't heard from you in a few days!

Yup more then ready!!!!!! Almost the double diget mark :D

We just put our deposit down with Orca for Whale watching and Mendenhall Glacier. It sounds like tons of fun! I am wodering how many camera cards and batteries to bring!

Good Morning All.

This is the exciting time. We are almost to double digits, we can book our excursions and we need to reserve a room if we want to do the Meet & Greet. I am going to start using the Group folders more for that type of thing. So, please check it out this weekend and lets get the excitment going! WE ARE GOING TO ALASKA! And the SPIRIT is going to be in AWE at the wonderful sites we are going to see and all the memories we are going to make, and the Friendship that are waiting to build!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Weekend! We are expecting a large winter front so what better to do then plan activities, events and parties in ALASKA!

Yaaaaaaa, can't wait.

Well I think we are getting a little cruise crazy, we have spent the last 2 days researching a Baltic Cruise, with a side trip to France so DH who is a war buff wants to go to Normandy, Dieppe, Vimy Ridge. Lots of planning.

Kim

Yaaaaaaa, can't wait.

Well I think we are getting a little cruise crazy, we have spent the last 2 days researching a Baltic Cruise, with a side trip to France so DH who is a war buff wants to go to Normandy, Dieppe, Vimy Ridge. Lots of planning.

Kim

Wow, now that sounds like a cruise. I have been researching Alaska while being snow bound. But, also asking myself if I am crazy - since this winter we have had more snowstorms then we have had in YEARS! And I have seen enough snow, so hopefully ALaska will have lots of green too! And our pictures will look just like last years pictures from May. Our weather right now is colder than ALASKA's!

Looks like our port schedule is good, we are the only one scheduled in Skagway. I believe Juneau had only 2 ships in port when we were there. Looks like the Cruise lines have their own ships in port on the same days.

Sunday, May 9 Monday, May 10

07:00 - 20:30

SKG MERCURY

SKG RHAPSODY OF THE SEA

Tuesday, May 11

07:00 - 21:00

SKG ZUIDERDAM

Wednesday, May 12

07:00 - 17:00

SKG NORWEGIAN STAR

SKG NORWEGIAN PEARL

Thursday, May 13

SKG RYNDAM

Friday, May 14

SKG CARNIVAL SPIRIT

Saturday, May 15

07:00 - 19:00

SKG RADIANCE OF THE SEA

SKG INFINITY

SKG

I just checked the price of our Group Hotel, and the rate is now up $40 more than what we managed to get to for our group.

I hope anyone that is sailing on the First RT out of Seattle on the Carnival Spirit will stop in here and say "Hi". We are going to have a BLAST! :D The ship is back to sold out, unless someone cancelled! :confused:

Wow, that is why i always like to book early, if the price goes down I can always cancell and rebook but if the price goes up you get stuck paying the higher price.

Well, we have the group price locked in for a certain amount of people so all they have to do to get our rate is tell them they are with our group of get our group number off the member page.

What is a torque? I havn't started my packing list yet, but have the tours all set! Did you find a packing list somewhere it would be GREAT to post in the group folder area!

Annette, a toque is what us Canadians call a hat:D

I did find a packing list online somewhere ages ago but just kinda used the one I normally use for any trip and modified it for Alaska. Hoping I don't need the gloves or toque but want to just have them incase.

Kim

Annette, a toque is what us Canadians call a hat:D

I did find a packing list online somewhere ages ago but just kinda used the one I normally use for any trip and modified it for Alaska. Hoping I don't need the gloves or toque but want to just have them incase.

Kim

I am not a glove or hat person. I have a pair of gloves my daughter gave me a year ago sill in the box, guess they will going. The hat may be a problem.... my daughter probably has one I can borrow or 10 I could borrow; she is a knit cap person. :D

Hi everyone,

Sorry haven't posted much but in-laws have been in town a month and I'm ready for a vacation after that.

They leave tomorrow so we will be able to work on our cruise. Hope to have tours finished by the end of week and will let everyone know what we have going on.

Archived