~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

Just confirmed our reservations for the hotel and tours.

Staying the day before & day after the cruise at Choice Hotel.

Were going to rent a car in Skagway and drive the Klondike Hwy.

In Junea we want to go up the tramway & then we may take the Juneaus Best tour with Mighty Great trips, it is a bus tour of downtown Juneau

then goes up to Mendenhall Glacier it is about 2.5 hours.

In Ketchian we are using Sourdough tours to go to the Saxman Native Village it is about 2 hours. We booked a 8:45 trip & they pick up at the ship. Then I think we will just do a walking tour downtown.

No plans for Victoria, Canada yet waiting to see if anyone has any suggestions because we will get in at night and not sure how far the town is from the ship.

Anyone who wants any information on the above tours or wants to come along let me know.

Chris

The group rates are great especially if you compare them to todays rates,

you did a great job. The Choice hotel is also the Quality Inn, I think a lot of people went with the group rate.

Do plan on taking the Tramway in Junea? I heard it is beautiful up at the top. Any plans for Ketchikan and any ideas about Victoria?

We have two ports booked, Dynea Dave is Skayway after the train, and Whale watching with Orca in Junea. We are at the Quality Suites (group hotel - wonderful reduced rate) in Seattle from Aug 8th - Aug 11th.

The group rates are great especially if you compare them to todays rates,

you did a great job. The Choice hotel is also the Quality Inn, I think a lot of people went with the group rate.

Do plan on taking the Tramway in Junea? I heard it is beautiful up at the top. Any plans for Ketchikan and any ideas about Victoria?

Ketchikan is open, we had thought about the taxi, which is $75.00 an hour but may cancel. We are there such a short time, we have been looking at the walking tour and it is almost 3 hours long itself.

Victoria, have no clue ---- last night have to get luggage ready, unless we do self. Which we probably have to do; Delta moved our flight up an hour! Now 1:00 instead fo 2:00 pm.

I have nothing planned for Ketchikan, DH is doing a Floatplane excursion but will be back at the port at 10 ish so we will probably just stroll the town. Nice thing about a Alaskan cruise, I think the beauty is all around you so I am ok just roaming around.

We are going to Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau

The train and bus excursion in Skagway

and my nephew is meeting us in Victoria for dinner, he lives nearby so will be nice to see him it has been ages.

Our group is also booked at the Quality Inn we get there on the 9th, well some of us, one DBIL and DSIL are flying in with us on Sunday, my other DBIL and DSIL come in early Monday.

Almost just 3 months away!!!!

I have nothing planned for Ketchikan, DH is doing a Floatplane excursion but will be back at the port at 10 ish so we will probably just stroll the town. Nice thing about a Alaskan cruise, I think the beauty is all around you so I am ok just roaming around.

and my nephew is meeting us in Victoria for dinner, he lives nearby so will be nice to see him it has been ages.

Our group is also booked at the Quality Inn we get there on the 9th, well some of us, one DBIL and DSIL are flying in with us on Sunday, my other DBIL and DSIL come in early Monday.

Which train and bus are you doing in Skagway?

The one with Chilkoot, I haven't booked it yet. He said there was plenty of room and that we could probably wait until late March to book. With finaly payment for the cruise coming up Feb 25th I might just wait to get past a billing date on my overused credit card;)

Hello Again!

Thanks Annette for wondering... I'm still here, life has just been interesting for a while. (I had surgery - but I'm fine. Recovering in bed & I finally get to go back to work this coming Monday!!!)

I sent out happy 100 days a few days ago & it is nice to see the double digits roll around! I am super excited to check out the packing list, so I will head to that right after this post! I am addicted to all things clothes... well, and food, and also anything Alaska... guess there's a lot I'm addicted to!

I can't wait to pack my bags! First, I have to go buy new luggage!

who are you doing Mendenhall Glacier with, we were going to go with Mighty Great Tours but there's leaves at 10:15 in the middle of the day and we want to do the Tramway. I understand there is a bus in town that leaves every 30 min to go to the Glacier, it takes about 20 min there and back, so we may check into that.

They are going to take us after the Whale tour (ORCA) so it really worked out GREAT! I have also saw the bus being $7.00 and mentioned in several area. I will tryto work on adding links to the port threads if we get the snow they are calling for.

So, any thoughts on a meet and greet, we have to request a room if we want to do one!

So, any thoughts on a meet and greet,

Write John Heald via his blog in late March. He'll set up a Meet/Greet for you. He'll do his best with Entertainment Staff to do what he can to help. I usually ask for the Piano Bar the morning of the first "sea day". Always get the time...my 11/09 Spirit was the only time I didn't get the venue [i got the aft bar on Lido]

Since this is group cruise through Cruise Critic, Johna will request any rooms we want. I just need to know who is interested. I think I still have a thread over on the membership pages.

Add 4 of us to whatever you are planning :D

We are snowed in now with lots more to come :eek::eek::eek:

Add 4 of us to whatever you are planning :D

We are snowed in now with lots more to come :eek::eek::eek:

Know the feeling......Worked from home today! The whole city closed down by 2:00 pm. They have called in the National Guard and are telling us all to stay home.

Hi Annette, do you know if there is more cabins avail under the group cruise. My DFIL and DMIL, want to come on this cruise but Carnival appears to sold out. DO you know if there is anything avail?

Not at our rate but they should contact Johna to see if they can get put on a list for any opening when the final payment is due by everyone. She said there might be some opening then if final payments are not made. Let me know if I need to repost her phone number.

I posted a couple video links of Seattle, in the Group member area. Worth checking out to see some of Seattle! I am getting more and more excited!

Archived