~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

2:30 am??? Wow. 5 is an early flight! I think we depart around 9am so we have to be there by 7am. Can't wait!

I am thinking we need to go to Greensboro Friday night and stay in one of the Park and Fly Hotels. I just talked to the Marriott and I think it would be the same price to stay there as pay the Airport lonf term parking. They say they have a 24 hour shuttle to the Airport so even if we get there around 10 at night we could sleep until about 4 and then shuttle over (5 minutes).

My daughter and I both have to work until 5:00 on Friday, so we could probably pull out of here by 8:00pm. put us into Greensboro about 10:00pm.

Sounds better to me then hoping we don't have a flat or something on the way to the the airport......

I like the hotel idea Annette, I am sorta in the same boat... My flight leaves at 6am, and I am about an hour & 1/2 away from the airport. We are leaving out on Sunday, which also happens to be Mother's Day. I was planning on having my mom take us to the airport, but once I discovered it was mother's day, that is just cruel... Mom shouldn't have to get up at 2:30 am to get us to the air port on Mother's Day. But if she doesn't I won't get to see her. I suppose she is just going to have to make due with an extra nice souvenir from Alaska.

Link to Capers from las year. They will be a little different since they are from Seattle and Round Trip but does give us a general idea. They say the first Formal night; excuse me "Cruise Elegant" is Day 2; which will be Wednesday. It also looks like they have changed the name of the newspaper to FUN TIMES.

Looks like the Lido pool is open until 8:00pm and the Hot tubs until 10:00. Some shows are not until 12:15am. Looks like we may all be needing to take NAPS!

We went ahead and went with the Carnival shuttle bus from the pier to the Airport, probably would have been alright without it but I don’t want to miss my flight back and just maybe we can move up a flight

Hello,

We did not book this thru CC & wondered if we qualify to join in any of your activities. Kept watching the roll call for this cruise & it seemed to peter out last year, just located it on the main board.

We are two retired women who live in Florida, cruise more than we should & are looking forward to Alaska!

Welcome Bots99!!!!!!

We are also heading to a airport hotel on Saturday, there are 6 of us travelling together and our flight also leaves at 6AM and as most of you my airport is about 2.5 hours away, would hate to have car problems, or have line ups or any issues at the border, we fly out of a US airport.

I don't like that we don't have a direct flight, but direct flights for me where 3X's the price and I couldn't justify that, we are hoping for no issues and flying in Sunday gives us a buffer for any flight issues....I hope;)

Welcome Bots99!

I am also a "step-cruiser" (Someone that did not book through CC) <-- I don't know when this got started, but that's what someone said & it stuck...

Annette (Anamanx) has kindly adopted all of us Step-Cruisers and welcomed us to everything! She's a good leader!

I'm also from Florida, and there are a lot of us Floridians on the board it seems. I'm also the group rambler.

If you haven't already, definitely check out all those links under Annette's signature. Lots of great info there, and if you have any to share, post away!

I am so excited 65 days!!! Welcome Aboard!!!

Welcome Bots99!

I am also a "step-cruiser" (Someone that did not book through CC) <-- I don't know when this got started, but that's what someone said & it stuck...

Annette (Anamanx) has kindly adopted all of us Step-Cruisers and welcomed us to everything! She's a good leader!

I'm also from Florida, and there are a lot of us Floridians on the board it seems. I'm also the group rambler.

If you haven't already, definitely check out all those links under Annette's signature. Lots of great info there, and if you have any to share, post away!

I am so excited 65 days!!! Welcome Aboard!!!

Hi and Welcome....

I was actually born in VA where I now live but was dragged to sunny Miami when I was 5 and actully went to school in the Giant Melting Pot (Miami) before I left at 18 with my ex to go where the uSFA told us to. Didn't choose to go back since Miami had gotten crazy and didn't want to raise my kids there.... Still have friends and some family in laws there! So to me we are all one and we welcome all. We are all cruising to have fun, a little education (every new experience is an education) and meet new friends!

Gosh Kim where are you flying out of? Good Luck at the border.... I do not like crossing the border. I think I have a big sign me that says "Crazy Cat Women" - actually the last few times have been with a kitten for show or taking to new home and that blows their mind so I get visit the little room. And they why are you here and I say - cuz that gate told me to and they shake their head and say - GO ON! Now coming back is never a problem!

Dana, Thanks for those kind words.

DELTA has changed my flight once again. I just went yesterday and picked seats since we have to get 5 together. Firgures! I now will not be getting back until 11:30pm, instead of 11:00pm. I think I am up to 6 times now. But it is $100 higher now so I will deal with all the changes and just reprint my Carnival paper work again. Actually going to wait until 2 weeks before flight to do any changes on the Carnival end, I think that is the deadline they have at Carnival.

So, will move this to our folders for activity talk and signs for our doors if you want them. Will post later. :D

Never too late.

Looking forward to meeting you all. I am still so very surprised that this roll call doesn't have more people.

I have managed to get my inlaws a oceanview. I doubt they will get a balcony at this point as cabins should be getting assigned now. Oh well as my DFIL says at least we are on the ship:D

I have a question? how do we go about collecting the

$100 per cabin on board credit

Champagne and Chocolates

Cruise Critic Lanyards or similar(One per person)

Cruise Critic Magnets or similar (One per stateroom)

thanks

I have a question? how do we go about collecting the

$100 per cabin on board credit

Champagne and Chocolates

Cruise Critic Lanyards or similar(One per person)

Cruise Critic Magnets or similar (One per stateroom)

thanks

I wrote Laura at Cruise Critic and Johna at Crucon those exact questions this morning. Laura will mail the Lanyard to me and I will pass out at the Meet and Greet on the ship.

I am waiting to hear from Johna on the OBC and Champagne and Chocolates they are from Carnival Cruiselines. I will let you know as soon as I hear something.

I wrote Laura at Cruise Critic and Johna at Crucon those exact questions this morning. Laura will mail the Lanyard to me and I will pass out at the Meet and Greet on the ship.

I am waiting to hear from Johna on the OBC and Champagne and Chocolates they are from Carnival Cruiselines. I will let you know as soon as I hear something.

thank you

hello anamanx

we are also flying with delta from Fort Lauderdale and transfering in los angeles,ca to seattle. will go back to airport to return car on the 11th and bought ticket for

the bus from CC. I wonder if we can take luggage to cruise ship before we return to airport? How long do we have to book our trips thru CC? do you know if there is a time limit for this?

thanks

eva&mike

hello anamanx

we are also flying with delta from Fort Lauderdale and transfering in los angeles,ca to seattle. will go back to airport to return car on the 11th and bought ticket for

the bus from CC. I wonder if we can take luggage to cruise ship before we return to airport? How long do we have to book our trips thru CC? do you know if there is a time limit for this?

thanks

eva&mike

You can book on ship, if they have not filled up. I don't how the excursions fill up on the Alaska trips. I have booked independent for the first time. They also say each port as stations at the ports to book with.

It would depend what time you want to drop off the luggage, since the people have to also clear customs that are getting off the ship.

Someone said you could at Port 66 but I don't know about 91. Would be a good questions for the CC Alaska thread.

What day are you arriving? We are getting a shuttle (fee) from our hotel to the cruise terminal.

The Magic number today is 21, 2 months and 1 days and we sail away! I posted info about the Meet and & Greet in the folder area. Also we need to think about different activities and who's with us! Walker for the Cure, Meet & Greetm Meet & Greet 2, other suggestions, Door Deco, check out the Spirit's Folder areas........

Late for work, fighting a sinus infection, Boy, do I need a cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hello anamanx

we are arriving on saturday the 8th around 3:30 in Seattle. This is the second time our flights have changed. we rented a car for 4 days so we have to return rental back to airport.

We are staying at the Ramada Inn. from the 8th to the 11th. then we are going to head back to the airport to return rental car. I did pay the cc line for transportation back to the port 99. i just wanted to see if i could take the suit cases to ship before i returned to airport. We are leaving back to florida on the 19th day after cruise. i would appreciate if you know any information.

thanks eva

i hope you feel better and the cure is a cruise!!!!!!!

We are Quality Suites on John St from the 8th to the 11th. We are leaving the day we get back from the cruise. We have an 1:00 pm flight. Our Hotel is taking us to the port and is supposed to be picking us up when we arrive.

We still have to schedule a ride from the Port to the Sea Tac after the ship gets in. That is about the only thing I have not scheduled so far.

hello anamanx

thanks

eva&mike

Check out: \Pier 91

Cruise terminal concierge offers luggage storage before and after cruises, plus city information.

Rental car kiosk. May want to see if you drop your car off at the pier.

Looks like we are the only ones in the Port both leaving and arriving back

The Cruise Seattle Concierge at the Bell Street Pier Cruise Terminal and at the Smith Cove Cruise Terminal are dedicated to serving passenger neeeds.

What can the concierge do for you?

Store your luggage before or after a cruise in a safe, secure location. The cost is $3 per bag.

Archived