~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

I have been picking up odds and ends randomly for the cruise. I already have my over the door shoe holder, and I picked up sticker chalk boards for the door,as they helped with my party of 4 last time. The neighbors and drunk passer-bys also seemed to like them.

I have been looking at evening dresses, and my best thing is we bought jackets that are water proof. They are nice! (They will also be great for riding the motorcycle.) I'm excited!

I have been picking up odds and ends randomly for the cruise. I already have my over the door shoe holder, and I picked up sticker chalk boards for the door,as they helped with my party of 4 last time. The neighbors and drunk passer-bys also seemed to like them.

I have been looking at evening dresses, and my best thing is we bought jackets that are water proof. They are nice! (They will also be great for riding the motorcycle.) I'm excited!

Explain the sticker chalk board, please. Do you decorate it? I need to make a genertic door sign and post it. It is on my list after this goverment audit tomorrow!

I found a rain coat/jacket at Old Navy have to order it online. Have a coupon but not good until Thursday. The talk is that the natives don't use umbrella's in Seattle only the tourests. I hate umbrella's anyway!

I havn't decided on evening wear yet, but I have several pieces I can put together. Trying to pack linght for the airlines. :(

I got my coat from the Columbia outlet - it is Omni-Tech which is a material that is supposed to be great as waterproof. I wouldn't have bought it except at the outlet though, b/c the prices on the website are crazy.

Sicker Chalk board... Do you have a Dollar Tree around where you are? In the isle that they carry home stuff they have all these sticker clings to decorate the walls of peoples bedrooms. (Kind of like the ads for Big Head - its a sports based sticker that you can put on your wall - and it's not permanent, so if you want to move him around you can. Great for apartments or kids rooms) So last year they had ones that were dry erase at the Dollar Tree. We put the sticker on the outside of our door, and our in-laws would leave us messages like, "Good morning, we are off to watch the sunrise - we'll be in our usual spot" and when we woke and ventured outside we would see their message and go meet up if we wanted to, if not we left a message on their door that said, "We woke, missed sunrise, went to watch Diamond show" It was really handy our cabins were right next to another. This time we went with the inside, and they chose the balcony, so we are even on different floors. But I'm sure they will still be handy. (Yes, I'm still rambling...) So this year I went to get more of the dry erase stickers, they didn't have any. But they did have chalk board stickers. So I got those. They will work the same. Now I just have to figure out how to attach the chalk to the mailbox so it is easy to use, and an eraser I guess.

Sounds cool, now you need to decorate them too! I will check out our dollar store. that would be Great with my daughter and family. I am debating the Walkie Talkie thing. So you will be at the Meet and Greet, don't forget to invite your famiy toooooo!

I posted a question about the scrapbooking on the SPIRIT but am waiting to see if anyone answers with details!

One last REQUEST - Please check out the Meet & Greet Thread to let us know if you are interested in an "all you can "Meet & GREET" Details on the thread/link.

If we want to do we must request before 30 days prior. Not trying to be a NAG but it was requested, so I am wondering if others may be interested.

The days are getting closer and closer!

Happy FIRST day of SPRING to All!

One last REQUEST - Please check out the Meet & Greet Thread to let us know if you are interested in an "all you can "Meet & GREET" Details on the thread/link.

If we want to do we must request before 30 days prior. Not trying to be a NAG but it was requested, so I am wondering if others may be interested.

The days are getting closer and closer!

Who else is sailing with us to ALASKA? :D

Well we just booked October 17th on the Legend :)

I LOVED the Legend when I went last March! That is why I know I will love the Spirit!!!

I know we have had drifters, and people that have come and gone - who all is going with us still? If your lurking throw a shout out! It's getting so close!!!!

Me too Spirit Class is my favorite.

My group of 8 are still onboard!!!

I loved the Pride, can't wait to see the SPIRIT! Kim, don't know if any of your group are interested in the Greet & Meet but make sure you tell them about it!

Hi,

I already booked this cruise but just found out about your group. Is there any way I can join? It will just be me. (Cruisin solo)

Just check out our group folders, we are trying to plan our Meet and Greets thereplus itro and other activities! Meet & Greet Thread

We are no longer using the poll, it got messe up and do not know how to remove it.

No just super busy these days.

Will mention it to them Annette, haven't even had much time to chat with my fellow cruisers....can't wait for a vacation!!!

I agree the boards have been really quiet, kind of makes you wonder is everyone just super busy and envolved or lack of interest. I think we all need a vacation but maybe everyone just wants a quiet vacation and to enjoy the beauty and peacefulness of nature on this cruise.

Not to be negative, or a downer, but a fact of my life is 2010 has been the worst year of my life so far so I know I am so looking forward to this cruise. Hopefully, it will bring the break that I need right now!

A lot of people are having a tough time right now, everyone knows someone that is having a rought time and maybe we are all over working to keep our jobs. I know my area has a large number of unemployment right now, which affects the company I work for. The CFA group I belong to is having a hard time - losing the following at the cat shows and breeders saying goodbye after years of participation.

Hopefully, the boards will pick up and I know we will have such a GREAT time and we are going to see the beauty of nature first hand and eat some way fatting food that we will enjoy every bite and enjoy the company of friends we have met on the boards.

I think every friend I have met on a cruise has been so special! We get to see a little bit of everyone elses world on a cruise. Kim will bring us Canada, Dana and a few others will bring us Florida, and Mercury Storm ...South Africia; how cool is that. Me, and about 8 others the Commonwealth of VA, Jenny and Steve from MD, we also have had people pop in from Lousiana, PA, and Texas. This is going to be such a GREAT TRIP and we are going to have a wonderful time slow boards or not. We are the SPIRITIERS and we are the first cruise RT out of SEATTLE for the CARNIVAL SPIRIT!

That makes us Number Uno....Number #1.

Looks like I had diarrhea of the mouth this morning....Sorry about that! Have a wonderful day everyone and REMEMBER we cruise, we cruise, we cruise in 50 days!!!!!

Any lurker out there .... no I am not Crazy but I have sometimes been called a Crazy Cat Women! Join us, we promise not to bite, scratch or hiss! And they are not all cat lovers, we have some dog lover aboard too!~

What a great post Annette.

We have got about 7 weeks till we cruise. Lets start to chat this up and really get excited for this cruise.

Annette, you have truly had a horrible year and I hope this cruise brings you some peace and rejuvination!!!!

I have a question for everyone!!!!

What port are you most looking forward to?

Me: Skagway. We are doing the train and bus thing with Chiltook with my DMIL and DFIL and it also happens to be his 80th birthday.

This is also the first cruise, vacation actually that we have taken with family so this should be both fun and interesting;)

Archived