~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

Annette, I will have to check my confirmation when I get home. I did book a independant company with recommendations from CC. It was something like Seattle shuttle but I would be guessing, Have to check when I get home.

I know super excited it is hard to believe the days are ticking away so quickly.

Will be working on my packing list today at work since we are down to about 1/2 staff and it is pretty quiet today.

Annette, I will have to check my confirmation when I get home. I did book a independant company with recommendations from CC. It was something like Seattle shuttle but I would be guessing, Have to check when I get home.

I know super excited it is hard to believe the days are ticking away so quickly.

Will be working on my packing list today at work since we are down to about 1/2 staff and it is pretty quiet today.

It was either Quick Shuttle or Shuttle Express. (Probably the latter)

I found this and had to share! I was jsut surfing Cruise Critic and looked at an area I had not been in before. Pretty cool!

She did a beautiful job on her album. It gave me some ideas....I still have my to finish my album from 2006. :rolleyes:

She did a beautiful job on her album. It gave me some ideas....I still have my to finish my album from 2006. :rolleyes:

She did do a great job! It also looks like we bought the same package of scrap paper while on the cruise.

:)

I thought I kept late hours but Dana and Kathi have me beat! I was thinking about my door deco yesterday, I ordered a couple of things online......... So sho else in the group doing a door deco. Dana, I found one small write on you mentioned but not thrilled with it.

I have arranged to borrow walkie talkies, I hope they work and have us paper bracelet things for the open bar so they can tell who's paid. An a couple of small door prizes for the meet and greet. Still waiting on Johna for an exact time and date. But I better stop with this chatter here or it will get moved, so check out the folders for more of this type chatter.

35 days until we cruise, 31 day until Seattle! WOW!!!!

Door Decor - I am all about it! We have found a lot of the spring gel clings, they are cute, but not exactly what I was looking for. I was hoping for some more water based, but I think those will come with summer coming on now that the big spring holiday is gone.

I have been riding my motorcycle every day & our weather is wonderful! I'm hoping Alaska has beautiful weather for us too!!!

How is everyone packing to prepare for everything? I think it's planning stages. I have 2 pairs of jeans, 2 slacks, 1 pair of leggings, 1 pair of shorts, 3 tank tops, 2 turtle neck shirts, 5 blouses, 2 sweaters.

Those are just the basics I'm thinking. I'm also thinking I need to go shoe shopping... I have a hiking excursion, & no shoes to hike in. My tennis shoes are walking shoes, which are the breathable kind. I'm not so sure I want my feet breathing in Alaska... I'm thinking they might get a little cold. So I'm also looking for a pair of loafers (I think). More shopping, I'm on it :)

Now going to lurk through the folders :)

Door Decor - I am all about it! We have found a lot of the spring gel clings, they are cute, but not exactly what I was looking for. I was hoping for some more water based, but I think those will come with summer coming on now that the big spring holiday is gone.

I have been riding my motorcycle every day & our weather is wonderful! I'm hoping Alaska has beautiful weather for us too!!!

How is everyone packing to prepare for everything? I think it's planning stages. I have 2 pairs of jeans, 2 slacks, 1 pair of leggings, 1 pair of shorts, 3 tank tops, 2 turtle neck shirts, 5 blouses, 2 sweaters.

Those are just the basics I'm thinking. I'm also thinking I need to go shoe shopping... I have a hiking excursion, & no shoes to hike in. My tennis shoes are walking shoes, which are the breathable kind. I'm not so sure I want my feet breathing in Alaska... I'm thinking they might get a little cold. So I'm also looking for a pair of loafers (I think). More shopping, I'm on it :)

Now going to lurk through the folders :)

I was debating shorts, but haven't even unpacked them yet from storage. I don't see a dress on your list, did you decide on not taking one? My list is close to that. I think I have 2 pair legging, and 2 pair tights, I pair fleece. I may be thinking too cold. I have a vest (Old Navy) I have yet to wear - bought just for the trip. I bought a pair of Stechers Shape up for the walking, I have to break them in yet.

We went from winter to summer here overnight, so my clothes have not been switched out yet! :eek: I keep thinking of all this luggage we are going to have to carry in the airport!

I haven't gotten my dresses yet. I am planning on 2 dresses. I have a back up, but I like to shop... so I haven't figured it out for sure... half contemplating on making one...

I don't know that I will use the shorts, but I wanted at least one pair just in case.

You should break out those sketchers before we go, breaking in a new pair of shoes on vacation is no fun! Especially if you find you don't like them. That's a lot of packing space you can save yourself.

I am so not looking forward to the baggage fees when flying... dah, another thing on my list to shop for - luggage. I was sorta looking into the hard cases... any thoughts on the best (cost effective) luggage - or preferences???

My mom bought me a Garment Bag on wheels last year for my Birthday, so that is what I am bringing. It is really kind of cool, since it also has all these pockets on it for other things. Something like this. I have neve used it so I hope I can get everything in it. Then of course I will have the carry on and the big thing personal bag. 31crcgBzVEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Ahh you are lucky! What we did for the last cruise was just add our formals to MIL's garment bag so we didn't need the extra. If we did that again, we would have to pack it regularly then when we get to Seattle, re-press, and de-wrinkle, then have MIL pack it for the ship. - could work...

I am considering getting a whole set, so we will see if it's included.

How cool! I can not carry a note! Diana sounds very talented!

I have posted a new thread in group area with the Meet & Greet, Meet & Mingle and Sail Away thought, ideas and details.

The count down is on...... 34 days to Sail Away!

I just spoke to Dynea Dave in Alaska! He said it was sunny and beautiful and that his sister even had a few flowers starting to bloom in her yard. They did have some snow this morning but it melted quickly! I can't wait! We confirmed our tour into the Yukon...... One month from today we fly to Seattle! Can't wait.................

wahooo Annette thanks for the weather update!! Lets hope the nice weather continues!!!!

I am not nearly as prepared for this cruise as I have been in the past. DH finially laminated our luggage tags so they are really to go.

I am going to get a good dent in the packing this weekend, at least toiltries.

1 month today I will be in Seattle!!!!

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I have everything reserved except the shuttle (ap to hotel and port to hotel) and buying the Seattle city passes. I need to give hotel shuttle list next Friday to the hotel if anyone sitll wants on the list be sure and visit group hotel area in group folders. This is just so they have an extimate of how many of us will be using their shuttle.

It rained all day yesterday, hope it washed some of this pollen out of the air!

Also, Meet and Greet, Meet & Mingle info is listed in the group section.

Hello everyone,

Time is getting closer, can't wait, is everyone set up for their tours?

Question that maybe someone might know, do you get a discount from Carnival if you book a future cruise while on there cruise? If so does

anyone know what kind of discount it might be?

I'm looking into an Eastern Carribean for Feb 2011 out of San Juan

Archived