Pearl Cabin Questions

crjack

We are a family of 4 traveling on the Pearl this August to Alaska. It is our first family cruise and we are currently booked in an AF minisuite.

I have been checking online to see if there were any AB penthouse rooms available and if so at what price.

When I plug in 4 passengers it only shows AF's and below available but if I use 2 passengers it shows AB and A3 suites but they are both listed as GTY or guaranteed.

I was under the impression that AB's held 4 people so I am not sure what I am doing wrong?

Other than booking two cabins, is there a cabin in-between the AF and AB that holds four? I didn't think so from what I have researched.

Our final payment date is still a few weeks away....do cabins often open up after that date?

Thanks very much.

An AB and A3 holds up to 5 people. Who did you book your cruise through, TA or NCL? I would call them and find out if you can upgrade. A lot of the time, the NCL web page does not work correctly.

They may be held by an agent or ship is getting close to capacity . Call your TA . Ther are cabins available that do not show up online ..If you still want to check online , try some of the larger online TA's sites ...;)

Thank you very much for your replies. I actually just did use an on-line site to check pricing and availability and it still comes up as guaranteed status for an AB but at least now I know the approx. pricing.

I'm not sure if I would spend that much more for it right now but perhaps as it gets closer cabins might open up and I will see what is available.

If not, we will be fine in our mini-suite. We have two young teens (boy & girl) and we are trying to figure out the best sleeping arrangements for everyone.

This is our first cruise and we are really not sure how much time we will spend in our cabin. As long as we have a balcony for viewing Alaska I'll be happy!

Thank you again for your help.

I thought I would pass along this information to you..... the sofa bed is the size of a double bed when pulled out so your kids will be sleeping very close to each other. Also, the sofa beds are very hard. Ask your room steward to bring a foam (mattress) pad for the bed.

I ran into the same thing w/ a family of 4 and looking at the "GTY" issue with an AB suite. (We are in an AG currently).

Apparently, there is a policy about not being able to book a "GTY" room for four people at a level where you "might" be upgraded to a room which could only accomodate 2 (i.e. one the owner's suites (AA), etc.).

We had to have an actual assigned room as we were traveling with 2 children as it was explained to me.

I think it is kind of dumb as the AB does fit four people but I guess you would have a problem if a couple of groups booked the "GTY" and they all had 2+ people. Still it stinks that families have to pay more period because they can't take advantage of the gurantee thing. It also means we have slim to no chance of the upsell fairy ever.

Oh, well. One day my husband and I will go all by ourselves and get a little suite. ;)

I thought I would pass along this information to you..... the sofa bed is the size of a double bed when pulled out so your kids will be sleeping very close to each other. Also, the sofa beds are very hard. Ask your room steward to bring a foam (mattress) pad for the bed.

That is for the AF mini-suite...correct?? That is what we are afraid of and we started looking at the AB option.

Thank you.

I ran into the same thing w/ a family of 4 and looking at the "GTY" issue with an AB suite. (We are in an AG currently).

Apparently, there is a policy about not being able to book a "GTY" room for four people at a level where you "might" be upgraded to a room which could only accomodate 2 (i.e. one the owner's suites (AA), etc.).

We had to have an actual assigned room as we were traveling with 2 children as it was explained to me.

I think it is kind of dumb as the AB does fit four people but I guess you would have a problem if a couple of groups booked the "GTY" and they all had 2+ people. Still it stinks that families have to pay more period because they can't take advantage of the gurantee thing. It also means we have slim to no chance of the upsell fairy ever.

Oh, well. One day my husband and I will go all by ourselves and get a little suite. ;)

Thank you. I had a feeling it might be something like this because even on the online travel sight it said I could only book it with 2 people per cabin.

Maybe some will open up after final payment and if so we'll have to weigh the cost to upgrade. I showed DH pictures of an AB and now it has both of us thinking about it!

I agree...someday we will said by ourselves and the choice of cabins will be so much greater!

That is for the AF mini-suite...correct?? That is what we are afraid of and we started looking at the AB option.

Thank you.

Yes, for the AF mini suite. The AB and A3 have a seperate small bedroom.

Last year the four of us which included 2 teen dd's were in an AF mini suite on the Star up to Alaska. I would not have wanted a room any smaller than that but it was sufficient for us and we actually spent a decent amount of time in the room (mostly on the balcony). We ate a few meals in our room. If the buffet was full we would just load up our plates and go eat in our room/balcony. This year we will be on the Pearl in an A3! We were originally in an AB and both the AB and A3's rooms are the same. Once we saw somes pics of the room we decided to make the plunge and step up to the "suite" life. The AB's and A3's will accomodate up to 5 passengers. We have not experienced this level of room yet so I can't give you our perspective on it yet. But the AF was sufficient for us and the cruise was SO enjoyable. We can't wait to be able to compare the Star vs Pearl and the AF vs A3! :D

Last year the four of us which included 2 teen dd's were in an AF mini suite on the Star up to Alaska. I would not have wanted a room any smaller than that but it was sufficient for us and we actually spent a decent amount of time in the room (mostly on the balcony). We ate a few meals in our room. If the buffet was full we would just load up our plates and go eat in our room/balcony. This year we will be on the Pearl in an A3! We were originally in an AB and both the AB and A3's rooms are the same. Once we saw somes pics of the room we decided to make the plunge and step up to the "suite" life. The AB's and A3's will accomodate up to 5 passengers. We have not experienced this level of room yet so I can't give you our perspective on it yet. But the AF was sufficient for us and the cruise was SO enjoyable. We can't wait to be able to compare the Star vs Pearl and the AF vs A3! :D

Thank you so much! I'm sure the AF will work out fine and honestly I would travel in the engine room if I had to just to visit Alaska!

I will be looking forward to hearing about your cruise. I'm sure you're trip on the Pearl will be wonderful and I can't wait to hear about the A3 cabin.

Archived