NCL SKY balcony cabin question..

shellster1

My mom and I have an oceanview cabin right now and I am thinking of upgrading to a balcony...

However, looking at the layout of the cabin and past guests pictures, it seems to me that by this particular floorplan, there would be no room to seperate the beds into 2 beds instead on 1. Looks like the couch next to the bed is in the way and there would be no room to move things around.

Does anyone know if this is correct?

As much as I love dear ol' mom, I don't want to share a bed with her. She snores.:)

Also, are AFT balcony cabins worse than forward and why? Seems to be only AFT left.

My mom and I have an oceanview cabin right now and I am thinking of upgrading to a balcony...

However, looking at the layout of the cabin and past guests pictures, it seems to me that by this particular floorplan, there would be no room to seperate the beds into 2 beds instead on 1. Looks like the couch next to the bed is in the way and there would be no room to move things around.

Does anyone know if this is correct?

As much as I love dear ol' mom, I don't want to share a bed with her. She snores.:)

Also, are AFT balcony cabins worse than forward and why? Seems to be only AFT left.

The beds do separate into two but when done one will be up against the side of the love seat and the other will be up against the wall. There is still enough room to get in and out of the beds.

Not to worry!

The beds do separate into two but when done one will be up against the side of the love seat and the other will be up against the wall. There is still enough room to get in and out of the beds.

Not to worry!

Yup, what they said.

2 more questions:

Is an aft cabin not as good as a forward? I've heard it could be more windy, not that that would particularly bother me, I'm just curious.

Also, my cabin had a green triangle next to it which said "third person occupancy". So does that mean it will have like a bunk bed attached to the wall I could pull down if mom is still too close? :)

2 more questions:

Is an aft cabin not as good as a forward? I've heard it could be more windy, not that that would particularly bother me, I'm just curious.

Also, my cabin had a green triangle next to it which said "third person occupancy". So does that mean it will have like a bunk bed attached to the wall I could pull down if mom is still too close? :)

The closer to the center of the ship, the better the ride in rough weather, or so I have been told.

Balcony cabins have a fold out couch for the third person. I do not know what any other cabin type on the SKY does for the 3rd passenger.

Archived