MIami InterContinental Hotel

shellster1

Has anyone stayed here pre or post cruise? I just splurged on a harbor view room and was wondering if we will be able to see the cruise ships when they dock. We've stayed at the Hilton and the Doubletree and were able to see them, but those hotels were booked.

I've never stayed at the intercontinental because I lived in Miami so not surprisingly I would stay at my apartment. That being said, I've had friends that came to visit and they enjoyed the continental.

It's downtown and there isn't a lot going on downtown at night, but you can easily get a cab to either South Beach or Coconut Grove which are the prime "going out spots".

Have fun!!!

• Administrators

Wonderful hotel with wonderful views of the Port of Miami. Here's a shot of our ship, the Norwegian Dawn, taken minutes after sunrise last month (on a fairly cloudy day). This was taken from our room at the Intercontinental -- we had a blast the day before and the day we sailed checking out all the ships in the Port. I took this one right after awaking to see that yes, our ship WAS in port, knowing we'd go board her in just a couple of hours. :)

2027466620101795198S500x500Q85.jpg

Of all the downtown hotels. The Intercontinental is the nicest before you get to the ridiculously expensive. The Marriott Biscayne Bay is nice, but a little out of the way. The only thing to do downtown is really Bayside. It's very popular with cruisers that just want to be near the port before a cruise. There's alot more to do in Miami, but most cruisers come in a day early to be close to the port. It's not really an extension of the vacation.

Has anyone stayed here pre or post cruise? I just splurged on a harbor view room and was wondering if we will be able to see the cruise ships when they dock. We've stayed at the Hilton and the Doubletree and were able to see them, but those hotels were booked.

Yes, the cruise terminal is definitely in view from the Intercontinental.

There are 2 Intercontinental Hotels in Miami. If you're at the one on Chopin Way, you are downtown and near the port as other posters have said. It's a lovely hotel and you'll enjoy your stay!

Archived