Labadee Waterpark

grossnmoe

We will be stopping in Labadee during our cruise. I was wondering if someone could give me some information about the water park area. My understanding is that there are several blow up toys in the water. How far out are these toys? Can younger childeren play on these? Are life jackets available? Any information would be great. Thanks

In my opinion, it really isn't worth it. The Labadee Water Park works as a per hour charge - used to be $25pp.

The toys are pretty far out in the water. I would say that it would work well for older kids, but for younger ones...I personally don't think it would.

When we are in Labadee, there is enough to do at the beach and riding the shuttle to Dragon's Breath Point to hear the "dragon breathe" ;)

One family we met on Freedom got a pass for their daughter to use the water park. One hour later, they were back and pretty peeved that they had paid so much for it. Their daughter wanted to stay with ours at the beach.

The price is correct $25/hr.

The inflatables are a bit out in the water, you need to be a swimmer for the area. They have a trampoline, rock wall, slide, rocker, all are pretty big.

I do not know about life jackets but I would say even if they did have them, if your child would need to use one I would not do the park. The life vest would make it difficult to use the items getting on and off in particular.

Our son and his friends are all good swimmers and when we were at Labadee they were all a couple months shy of 8 years old. We did not sign up early enough for the park and it sold out. The boys were pretty disappointed to not do the water park. I think they would have had a blast and were just the right age for it.

In the end, after they got settled on the beach, they had a blast. I think I would only recommend the park to people with kids who are good swimmers and very active and physical. If this sounds like your kid, book it ahead!

Keep in mind, the beach is great and I have yet to meet a kid who does not have fun playing in the sand and water!

It is a different thing than the Adventure Ocean on Labadee. My older 2 girls loved it at 12 and 10. It looked to hard for my 6 year old and she was more than happy to just play on the beach. You only get an hour on it but that seemed to be enough time. Just wish the price was a little lower.

There also is a big inflatable water slide there also but I think thats another charge. It was for all day. I saw some younger kids on that.

Is this different than the Adventure Ocean program on Labadee?

Yes, Adventure Ocean on Labadee is just a gated area where they move the kids club to. It's built on the sand and away from the water's edge.

Adventure Ocean is no charge on Labadee.

The Water Park is $25/hour and is separate from AO. You would have to reserve it as an excursion. And like aflynn said, it does sell out.

My ten year old nephew did it last year- they also said it was not fun or worth the money. There were also TONS of stingrays in the water there and he got stung jumping on the water trampoline.

We walked out to the last beach near the dragon's breath and hung out there all day- my 6 year old swam and snorkeled (not much to see) gathered crabs, ate at the BBq and even shopped the market and had a great time.

Personally, I would skip the water park.

We did the waterpark after spending a day a Paradise Beach in Cozumel in 2007 where my DD loved the water trampoline w/o a life jacket. For the price we paid Paradise Beach was a much better value. My DD was 11 at the time - I don't think you want any small kids. You need to be able to pull yourself up onto the attractions. I have a included a couple of pics. We are not planning on doing this when we return to Labadee in August.

I have more on webshots if you want the link.

2826088140103236660S425x425Q85.jpg 2890197290103236660S425x425Q85.jpg

2208925330103236660S425x425Q85.jpg 2641788360103236660S425x425Q85.jpg

You may want to consider the mega-slide for your son, its a flat fee for the day (sorry can't remember the exact amount) and he can use it as often as he wants. DS really enjoyed it when we were in Labadee (he was 5 at the time)

Here's a pic I found of it:

2630740580067647104uuGiju_th.jpg

We did the water park (O.K., my two sons and I did it) and it was really fun. My boys are really good swimmers (swim team since 5 yrs. old) and loved it but boy is it hard to get on those floating things. I'm pretty strong but there were some "islands" I never could get on. We had a blast and were pretty tired at the end of the hour. You definitely need to be good swimmers to enjoy it IMHO.

We did the water park (O.K., my two sons and I did it) and it was really fun. My boys are really good swimmers (swim team since 5 yrs. old) and loved it but boy is it hard to get on those floating things. I'm pretty strong but there were some "islands" I never could get on. We had a blast and were pretty tired at the end of the hour. You definitely need to be good swimmers to enjoy it IMHO.

How old were your sons? My boys will be 8 and 10 and are both fabulous swimmers. Did they get stung by jellyfish? I have heard alot of people say this. We are going during spring break -- I'm not sure what that means in terms of jellyfish.

At the time they were 9 and 11 and we were there over spring break too (March). We didn't have a jelly fish issue but for our Florida bodies, the water is a little "cool"! Your boys could probably handle the water park if they are strong swimmers and have a lot of fun. The slide is good too-we did that a LOT.

At the time they were 9 and 11 and we were there over spring break too (March). We didn't have a jelly fish issue but for our Florida bodies, the water is a little "cool"! Your boys could probably handle the water park if they are strong swimmers and have a lot of fun. The slide is good too-we did that a LOT.

Thanks for the info. I am torn between the water park and waterslide. My boys are great swimmers -- they have been on swim teams since age 5. My youngest son will just be turning 8 on that day and is not as strong as his brother. I don't want to frustrate him, but I cannot imagine them seeing this and not wanting to do it! Was there water on the slide or just an inflatable? How was the line for the slide over spring break? Were they standing in line the entire time?

Thanks for the info. I am torn between the water park and waterslide. My boys are great swimmers -- they have been on swim teams since age 5. My youngest son will just be turning 8 on that day and is not as strong as his brother. I don't want to frustrate him, but I cannot imagine them seeing this and not wanting to do it! Was there water on the slide or just an inflatable? How was the line for the slide over spring break? Were they standing in line the entire time?

We signed up for the waterpark first thing in the morning (which meant we had to hurry off the ship) but the benefit to that was it wasn't very crowded and we had some of the inflatables to ourselves. The slide was a waterslide and with the all day ticket, we didn't really have bad lines. All the kids just kept going down the slide and running back around to the line again. If the line was really long, we just came back later. The only downside was we had to put our chairs near the slide to keep an eye on things so it wasn't very peaceful.

How big is your 8 year old? I think if he has good upper body strength he'll be O.K. That's the big issue because you have to be able to pull yourself out of the water especially trying to get your arms around the lifejacket!

Archived