Mudbug question: non-ship tours

DOC1

Our family is on the POA 5-23 sailing. We have reserved mudbugging through a private tour vendor that basically uses the same tour as the ship, only for a family of 5 the private tour saves me over $250. :) The drawback is there is a 48 hour cancellation policy that states even if you miss the tour due to the ship not docking on time, change of itenarary, etc., there is no refund under 48 hour notice. :( We've been on cruises before and have never had any trouble with non-ship tours, in fact, they have been better IMHO. But most understand that ships change itineraries, weather can be bad, etc, and cut you some slack. Does anyone have experience with a non-ship mudbug operator, good or bad? Or any experience with the POA changing itenarary during the cruise, etc. Thanks.

This is the first time I have heard that a vendor would not refund for a ship missing port. Sounds a little funny to me. I think I would have to question that with them. However, its not like the ports are far away form each other as on other cruises so I would

THINK the chance of missing a stop woul dbe slim. However, I personally wouldnt take the chance if the vendor hs policies like that.

This is the first time I have heard that a vendor would not refund for a ship missing port. Sounds a little funny to me. I think I would have to question that with them. However, its not like the ports are far away form each other as on other cruises so I would

THINK the chance of missing a stop woul dbe slim. However, I personally wouldnt take the chance if the vendor hs policies like that.

Cancellation / Refund Policy:

1.100% refund if the activity is cancelled by the vendor.

2.100% refund if cancelled by you or your representative with at least 48 hours notice prior to the activity check in time for groups of 5 or less.

3.100% refund if cancelled by you or your representative with at least 72 hours notice prior to the activity check in time for groups of 6 or more.

Vouchers are non-refundable (no refund is due) less than 48 hours prior to the activity check in time for groups of 5 or less, or 72 hours prior for groups of 6 or more. This includes deposits and fares for reductions in the number of passengers prior to 48 hours of the activity check in time for groups of 5 or less or 72 hours prior for groups of 6 or more.

NO REFUNDS FOR NO-SHOWS, REGARDLESS OF THE CIRCUMSTANCE. THIS INCLUDES CRUISE SHIPS THAT DO NOT DOCK ON TIME (FOR WHATEVER REASON) AND CAUSE YOU TO MISS THE TOUR.

I was a little surprised myself at the strictness. I agree, not likely to happen, esp. in Hawaii with a afternoon tour scheduled, but......

And they don't post this on the website, this is in your "confirmation e-mail", which I have yet to respond to and confirm.

• 3 months later...

Hey Doc1, just wondering what you ended up doing with the Mudbugging? This is at the top of my list of must does but if I can save a little that would be great. If it worked out who did you use and would you recommend them? Hope you had a great trip.

I have booked this excursion thru the cruiseline. Would LOVE to hear from anyone who has done mudbugging!

What did you wear? Where did you carry your "stuff" (camera, drivers license, keys, etc):confused:

I have booked this excursion thru the cruiseline. Would LOVE to hear from anyone who has done mudbugging!

What did you wear? Where did you carry your "stuff" (camera, drivers license, keys, etc):confused:

Our family went and LOVED this excursion (the only one we booked through NCL). Go to my rather lengthy review for more details

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1016194

but they lend you clothes, goggles, helmets. Wear your suit under the clothes. I had my camera in my pocket. Lockers and showers available.

I highly recommend this excursion;)

Thanks for the response. you didn't just wear your swimsuit the whole day, did you? There are lockers available for the rest of our stuff? I can't wait...I'm not usually onto getting dirty but this truly looks like a HOOT!

Archived