Bermuda Beaches

karenl1718

I have a couple questions about the beaches. Everyone says to go to Horseshoe but I'm really worried about how crowded it will be. We were planning on going around 11:30-12 after we go to the Botanical Gardens. It does look beautiful though. We are definitely going to Tobacco Bay near St. George. Should we take the trip to Horseshoe or is there another beach along the South Shore you would recommend? I'm just looking for that beautiful clear water and safe for swimming.

Karen

I have a couple questions about the beaches. Everyone says to go to Horseshoe but I'm really worried about how crowded it will be. We were planning on going around 11:30-12 after we go to the Botanical Gardens. It does look beautiful though. We are definitely going to Tobacco Bay near St. George. Should we take the trip to Horseshoe or is there another beach along the South Shore you would recommend? I'm just looking for that beautiful clear water and safe for swimming.

Karen

If you go to Horseshoe Bay, walk all the way to the left on the beach. There is a path for the South Shore Trail. Walk along the trail to some other beaches. If Horseshoe is too busy, you can always escape to other areas on the trail.

There are so many treads started on beaches, I figured this would be perfect to ask about Astwood Park & Jobson's Cove.... (i've read all the posts here and there) I will be docked on May 31st (sunday) Royal Naval Dockyard and I was wondering which one I should go to. I would take Bus #7 (Hamilton) for both right? Can I take that bus from where i'll be docked? They keep talking about stairs to go down to Astwood... Were they repaired? If not, how hard is it to get down there? Both beaches have no restrooms or snack bar? I also read about the Swizzle Inn that's close to Astwood... Is it worth it? Open on that sunday?

thanks ;)

Archived