problem with jewel transatlantic??

chrob

I have checked on the RCi website for the above cruise and found there are no prices shown for any cabins. All the travel agents I have tried on-line do not even list the cruise!

We booked an E1 several months ago and I was checking the availability of suites when I found no prices for any cabins.

Does anyone know what is going on? Surely the cruise isn't full already?

We are in the same boat, so to speak..

We are booked on the eastbound transatlantic crossing aboard Splendour of the Seas departing April 30th, 2005.

In November, the availabilty of cabins suddenly changed from "all categories available" to "none available". Therefore, I started a thread asking for help:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=101936

Considering, that our cruises are still more than 4 months away, the situation seems odd to me.

My travel agent already called RCI and was informed, that there are no cabins available. No further information was provided.

I still fear that the transatlantic cruises are in the process of beeing chartered or postponed.

Please update me if you get to know more!

Ruth

It really seems like, over the past year or so, that RCCL's ships have been nearly full by about 5 months prior to sailing. Last time I talked to my TA he told me that cruising in 04 is up by over 25% and is expected to increase again in 2005. Jewel being full for the TransAtlantic may be accurate given the increase in cruising combined with a new ships combined with the very few Trans Atlantic cruises that are out there. My best suggestion is to check it every day on their site, or ask your TA to do the same and see if any rooms free up. Also pay close attention right around the 75 day mark (final payment)

We can't speak for the Transatlantic or Europe cruises, but can tell you that the Voyager repositioning cruise scheduled for May 7th sold out within a very short few weeks. The prices...initially (meaning the first couple of weeks) were outrageously low...that combined with 6 full days at sea and two port stops (Aruba and Labadee), made this cruise sell out fast.

I concur with an earlier post, in that cruising seems to have grown in popularity and more people are joining the trend.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on the eastbound transatlantic crossing aboard Splendour of the Seas departing April 30th, 2005.

In November, the availability of cabins suddenly changed from "all categories available" to "none available". Moreover, on the RCI homepage, Splendour of the Seas also does a Caribbean Sailing departing on April 30th 2005 which is also „not available“.

Considering, that the cruises is still 4 months away, the situation seemed odd to me and I feared that the cruise was in the process of being chartered or postponed.

In the meantime, I got answers from RCI. A customer service representative e-mailed me from the US on 11/26/04 that I am scheduled to sail on the Splendour transatlantic cruise. On 12/16/04 my German RCI representative confirmed by phone, that the Splendour is sailing the transatlantic cruise and told me that the western caribbean cruise is posted by mistake and will be removed.

Just to clear things up – might just be some mistakes on the hompage, after all

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Ruth

Archived