church services in nassau on sunday?

jbank

We arrive on Sunday at 8:30..anyone know of an early Mass at a nearby Catholic Church? I saw that St. Francis is close, but where is it? How about St. Cecilia? Anyone know where that is, and a Mass time? Thanks so much!

We went to Mass at St. Francis when we were in Nassau in February. Mass was at 11 (the early Mass is at 8:30 - you can't make it on time if you dock at 8:30. I hoped we'd disembark early, but it didn't happen.) The church is on West Street (I'm sorry I don't remember the nearest cross street), but you make a right on Bay Street after leaving the port area, go past the British Colonial Hilton, and then make a left on West Street and walk up the hill. The church is on the right. You can see the church in this picture I took as we sailed from Nassau in the afternoon.

Mass at St. Francis was a great experience. The people are very welcoming - at the end of Mass, the priest asked the visitors to tell where they were from, and they really appreciated the fact that so many people took time from their vacation to worship with them. Most of the parishioners dressed up for Mass - much more so than I see at Mass in the United States - and I have to admit I felt under-dressed. However, one of the ushers told me not to worry about what we were wearing.

It is a longer Mass than most of us are used to, but it is a cathedral and there is a lot of singing. Mass ended around 12:30 and we were back aboard the ship before 1 (we sailed at 2).

260106965_050StFrancisCathedralNassau.jpg.f15bf5674dea8d4a0924bcde1247528d.jpg

Archived