hotel in Vancouver

cookiemantoo

Oh now that is very good, Cookie!!

Was this achieved on your first bid (try)? If not, how did your bidding go? They are four star right?

We need to find a hotel in Vancouver too, for 3 nights-so I'm interested in what your strategy was. I love using Priceline whereever possible--

Thanks,

Sherry

Oh now that is very good, Cookie!!

Was this achieved on your first bid (try)? If not, how did your bidding go? They are four star right?

We need to find a hotel in Vancouver too, for 3 nights-so I'm interested in what your strategy was. I love using Priceline whereever possible--

Thanks,

Sherry

You may already be aware but for those who don't know, biddingfortravel.com is probably the best website for submitting low bids on Priceline. Many of their members have reported getting the $70 rate at the YVR Hilton and some were even lower.

http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/forums/100/t/Canada-British-Columbia-Vancouver-Victoria.html

:)

We have planned to use Marriott points for 2 nites at Vancouver Renaissance, but now am wondering if we should save the points and try priceline or hotwire. What do you think?

We have planned to use Marriott points for 2 nites at Vancouver Renaissance, but now am wondering if we should save the points and try priceline or hotwire. What do you think?

I would make reservations using the points, after all it's free and you have more flexibility. Priceline/Hotwire are not flexible because once your reservation is confirmed it is non-refundable, non-changeable and you can't be certain of the hotel you will get.

However, as you get closer to your check-in date you can try Priceline/Hotwire to see if you can get a low rate. Many frequent stay reservations can be cancelled with a couple of days notice and your points will be returned to your account.

I have the Marriott Renaissance for tonight (5/13) thru Priceline at $75 plus their booking fee...you will have to decide if it is worth trying Priceline and saving your points to use someother time time or using them now.

I just booked the same hotel as OP for 7.25.09 for 1 night and got a rate a little higher than OP. I'm very excited and thanks again to OP for this post.

Is it possible for us to walk to this hotel from the cruise ship pier? I looked at the hotel location on Google Maps and it seems very walkable (especially since we have rolling luggage).

This hotel is in a great location - 1 block to Robinson Street, 3 or 4 blocks from the pier, close to Stanley Park. There is quiet an incline but definitely walkable to the port!!

We also got this hotel on Priceline a couple of weeks ago for $75.00, first bid. Guess I should have started lower, but who knew . . . last year you couldn't get it for $150.

The Rio Tinto Alcan Dragon boat festival is on that weekend - which I believe is now the largest outside of China.

http://dragonboatbc.ca/links.html

Drop by our location on False Creek and see the Olympic Games village which is nearing completion. Look down into where the competitors are loading into the boats and you will see me helping them out.

Also this event - although held outside the downtown core many of the visiting teams prefer to stay downtown and take the rapid transit to the venue.

http://www.24hourrelay.com/default.aspx?PageID=1017

Then keep in mind in addition to all of this there is the regular number of cruise ships that are in port any weekend during the summer.

"we need a room in YVR for 7.25.09"

If you get a good price you are lucky as that is a fireworks celebration night - about 300,000+ people jam into the downtown that night:

http://www.celebration-of-light.com/

It is also the start of our Gay Pride week so accommodation is always at a premium.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Thank you for this suggestion, cookiemantoo! I have never used priceline before, but gave it a try. I got the Hyatt for $70 for both 7/24 and 7/25. I'm thrilled! It's exactly the area of Vancouver where I wanted to stay :-)

Thanks so much for posting this tip.

Claire -- a new Priceline addict

I'm guessing mine was a little more because we were only staying one night. Oh well. Go figure! It's still much better than any other website price so i am not complaining.

Hi after reading this thread, I went on price-line for the first time too!!!!!:) I went for 70.00 bucks, but got rejected and then put it up to 75 and got 5 nights at the Hyatt too. I am very grateful for giving me the courage to try this too - thank you. I have just sent off a cancellation email to the other place that I had booked - lovely place, sort of querky with smallish rooms if you chose the lowest price (which I had). I saved about 255 Aussie dollars going via price-line and I think the room will be bigger than just the bed!!!! I think that the bedding will be more comfortable too. It will be easy to roll our cases to Canada place to get our Alaskan cruise on the 3 July 2009.

Anyway thanks my USA friends - I did have the jiggle the address in the columns, but it accepted my Visa card, so all should be Ok. I just put my

"real address in the top section".

:D

LOL! I got our room for $82 and it was a heck of a lot less than the hotel website or any other travel sites. I'm always so worried about priceline b/c I am afraid of where the hotel will be located, but everyone else's feedback helped me to get the nerve to bid. Thanks again

LOL! I got our room for $82 and it was a heck of a lot less than the hotel website or any other travel sites. I'm always so worried about priceline b/c I am afraid of where the hotel will be located, but everyone else's feedback helped me to get the nerve to bid. Thanks again

When I said that I got it for $75.00 US per night this did not include taxes. They were extra. In Australia we have this included - it is law; so I forgot to add it in. We are also not allowed to book in until after 4.00 pm., but this will not be a worry as our plane does not get in until after 4.oo pm. Book out time though is 12 noon. :)

Have any of you had any luck with deals on hotel rooms in Anchorage? I've tried $70 there, and would have accepted a 3+ star, 3 star or

2+ star hotel, but got rejected. How much is a reasonable bid for Anchorage, I wonder? Am I no where near the ball park?

Thanks!

Claire (the new Priceline addict)

Have any of you had any luck with deals on hotel rooms in Anchorage? I've tried $70 there, and would have accepted a 3+ star, 3 star or

2+ star hotel, but got rejected. How much is a reasonable bid for Anchorage, I wonder? Am I no where near the ball park?

Thanks!

Claire (the new Priceline addict)

There is a site that gives you information regarding bidding on Price-line.

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=61518

They have information (look at the Tabs) regarding what is available in each area.

You may have to bid a couple of times - You can only bid once in 24 hours if you do not change the parameters. They suggest bidding with a star and price and then if rejected resubmit (immediately) with another star and bring up the bid by small amount. When I did this yesterday it then gave me what I was trying for earlier without the 3.5 star ticked!!!

Hope this helps.

Archived