Which excursion in Saint John, St. Martins or St. Andrews by the Sea

I see that Carnival has added an excursion to St. Andrews by the Sea and the Fairmont Alqonquin. I was thinking of booking the St. Martins and the Bay of Fundy and I saw this tour. Any opinions on which tour to take and why?

Thanks,

Janice

I see that Carnival has added an excursion to St. Andrews by the Sea and the Fairmont Alqonquin. I was thinking of booking the St. Martins and the Bay of Fundy and I saw this tour. Any opinions on which tour to take and why?

Thanks,

Janice

Do they provide more info on what you would be doing in St. Andrew's? It's a tourist town - usually whale watching tours go from there - is that part of the tour?

This is the description on Carnival's website. I don't see anything about whales. What time of year do you see whales?

Enjoy a scenic drive along the Bay of Fundy Coast to St. Andrews by the Sea.

On this excursion you will

Travel to St. Andrews by the Sea, a picturesque resort town where visitors have come for decades to breathe in the fresh sea air and settle into a slower pace of life.

Ride through New Brunswick’s countryside and along the coast of the Bay of Fundy during your 90-minute journey to St. Andrews.

Listen as your guide entertains you with historical accounts, fascinating stories, and tall tales of life on the Bay of Fundy.

Arrive in St. Andrews and enjoy a brief tour of Canada’s first seaside resort town en route to the jewel of St. Andrews, the historic Fairmont Algonquin; built in the 1880’s, this resort hotel has a fascinating history and continues to serve as a symbol of East Coast hospitality.

Enjoy a light luncheon, followed by a historic walking tour of the charming Fairmont Algonquin. Experience the beautiful architecture of this Tudor-style castle overlooking the Bay of Fundy.

Explore the luscious and fragrant gardens, hear tales of a bygone era of luxury, and hear the occasional tale of a ghost or movie star.

Take time to explore the town of St. Andrews and browse in the charming shops and boutiques housed in historic buildings along Water Street before boarding the coach for your return to Saint John.

Note: A light lunch at the Fairmont Algonquin is included.

Thanks,

Janice

I posted this same question on this board a few months ago, it was recommended that I go to St Andrews. If you do a search you should find it.

I posted this same question on this board a few months ago, it was recommended that I go to St Andrews. If you do a search you should find it.

I have also searched and can't find it. Could you post a link?

I think it depends on what you are looking for. If you want to explore the beach, caves, rocks, and see how the tides change, then I would recommend St. Martin's. St. Andrew's is a very pretty tourist town with some really nice shops. If you have children in your party, I would definitely recommend St. Martin's. Otherwise, it's a toss up! You'll just have to come back here again to enjoy them both :)

Archived