Quick Review: Carnival Liberty 5/2- 5/9

MaryL_Trvls

Hello All !

This is a quick somewhat detailed review.

I sailed the western route and ended up in Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Belize.

The ship: Spotless, the staff were constantly cleaning, this is the cleanest place i haver been. Its a big ship but i did not find it that hard to navigate. If you want to get from one side to the other just go to the 5th floor ( promenade) and it can take you there. The decor i found it to be better than the Fascination , older boat. The cruise director- i didnt find him that bad he wasnt too in my face, thats how i like it.

There was a good crowd in the ship ,everyone was there to have a good time.

The ports:

Jamaica was beautiful, we did a tour with Trevor Hudlin and he was amazing, we did Dunn River Falls and it was very fun and adventurous. Be aware that this isnt for the young or the elderly , some areas were a bit rough. We ate at Bob Marley's Mom's Restaurant which was very very nice, not too expensive. The jerk chicken and rice and peas were amazing. ( Must try).

Grand Cayman has beautiful sea water, we went to Reef Grill, its casual and we did not drink or eat anything. We did buy Rum cakes in the tortoga Factory Store DO NOT BUY TORTUGA RUMCAKE ANYWHERE ELSE! By far the cheapest prices! They even had rum for $7.

Belize nice island, we went zip lining and we thought it was ok. We did not do it through the ship, we did a smaller one i believe.

Cusine:

The dinners were amazinggggg in the formal dinning rooms, i ask for various appetizers and was always impressed ( and I am considered a foodie). The quality surpassed my expectations. I have sailed on the Facsination before and the quality of the food was way better in the Liberty.

Overall it was a great ship, the staff was friendly and the ship was clean, the food was exquisite and the ports were entertaining.

Archived