Finally got my book "Cruise Confidential"

tammi0916

I got my copy from the library the other day - - and I'm just waiting to read it on our drive to Port Canaveral in just a day and a half:p!!!! My mom and brother are also anxious to read it when I'm finished!

See you soon Tammi!!!

Heather

Just finished the book.. Thanks Brian for a great read.. I actually hope they make it a movie!!

Ok.. Questions-

How did you not kick Gunnar's a$$...

How did you not tell Bianca off?

Do you think your book will influence cruisers to A) Tip more because of the long hours invested by you all.. or B) Tip less and completely disregard the staff because of their prejudice against Americans?

These are just thoughts that came to mind because i see people going either way..

Great book.. Can not wait for a sequel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing book -- finished it in 3 nights!!!

I definitely recognize one character, a certain Maitre D' I've sailed with a couple times! I thought it was incredibly well written. He was able to weave in seamlessly harsh realities of the cruise industry, humor, and what's really special about being at sea. Well done. I know I'm not alone in saying can't wait for the sequel! :D

Amazing book -- finished it in 3 nights!!!

I definitely recognize one character, a certain Maitre D' I've sailed with a couple times! I thought it was incredibly well written. He was able to weave in seamlessly harsh realities of the cruise industry, humor, and what's really special about being at sea. Well done. I know I'm not alone in saying can't wait for the sequel! :D

Totally agree!

Snagged the last copy at Borders yesterday! We had to drive about 45 minutes to a remote store thou... The wife just came along for the ride and didnt know why I was going so far for a book. Well she started reading it on the way home and now I can't get it back!!!!:mad::mad::mad: I drive all that way to get my copy before we sail (7-17-09) and I still have to wait!!!!!:mad::mad: Women....:eek:

Aha! You are a man eager for an adventure, I love it! Whenever I start singing the theme music for National Geographic specials, my long-suffering wife knows to just go with it.

Just finished the book.. Thanks Brian for a great read.. I actually hope they make it a movie!!

Ok.. Questions-

How did you not kick Gunnar's a$$...

How did you not tell Bianca off?

Do you think your book will influence cruisers to A) Tip more because of the long hours invested by you all.. or B) Tip less and completely disregard the staff because of their prejudice against Americans?

These are just thoughts that came to mind because i see people going either way..

Great book.. Can not wait for a sequel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A movie would be fun, wouldn't it? Yet I pale to think of who would play the main character. Alas, Bruce Campbell from the Evil Dead series is too old, otherwise he would be a shoo-in. Any thoughts?

Brian, I really enjoyed your book and have a question. From your book, it appears if I eat at the specialty restaurant, my regular waiters don't get paid for that meal. Assuming I leave the regular tips on my account, is it correct I actually stiffed my regular waiters for that meal? :o If so, I will make sure to add some cash for them at the end of the week. Thanks. Linda

Hi Linda, I have not actually been at sea now in the restaurants for several years, and many things have changed. After all, they have time clocks now, GASP! If you leave the auto tips on, that will always take care of everyone who takes care of you, so you need not worry about it and can enjoy your cruise with a clear conscience. CC here has so many great threads about this question, which is always a nice reminder of how generous Americans are.

A movie would be fun, wouldn't it? Yet I pale to think of who would play the main character. Alas, Bruce Campbell from the Evil Dead series is too old, otherwise he would be a shoo-in. Any thoughts?

HI Brian!!

Have you seen Bruce Campbell lately??... HOLY CAT!

I would love to see this as a movie! Imagine it on the in-house Carnival channel!!! Lol..

So how about Greg Kinear, Ryan Gosling.. or Ryan Reynolds?? That could work!!;):D

Happy 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toni

HI Brian!!

Have you seen Bruce Campbell lately??... HOLY CAT!

I would love to see this as a movie! Imagine it on the in-house Carnival channel!!! Lol..

So how about Greg Kinear, Ryan Gosling.. or Ryan Reynolds?? That could work!!;):D

Happy 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toni

Ryan Reynolds, all the way! He is perfect!

My husband is now reading the book and thinks that many families, like the "Roundells," would be offended by a movie...LOL! Maybe that would make them a bit more self-conscious? Probably not!

Ryan Reynolds, all the way! He is perfect!

My husband is now reading the book and thinks that many families, like the "Roundells," would be offended by a movie...LOL! Maybe that would make them a bit more self-conscious? Probably not!

'

Change the name to protect the guilty~!!!!!!!!! LOL:D

Ryan Reynolds is perfect.. not just for the movie ..either lol;)

Ok, I have just finished the book - I couldn't put it down! Very well written, thanks Brian. I do hope you are writting a sequel.

I promised to "pass on " the book to the next person. Let me know if you want it, you just have to promise to "pass it on".

Ordered my copy and it arrived in 2 days (wasn't supposed to arrive until tomorrow)! Have been holding out on reading it yet since I plan on taking it with me on the Glory this coming weekend! Can't wait to read it - sounds like it's going to be a great read.

I finished the book after a nonstop segment, and really enjoyed it.... my wife is reading it now and was wondering if Brian might be able to answer a question we have never recieved an answer for? When we tip a room steward or waiter (other than the gratuities automatically applied to our sail/sign card) do these extra tips go strictly to the waiter/steward, or are they pooled for other employees also? thanks...

Cant speak for brian, but, on our cruise this past may on the miracle, I asked our waitress if she was allowed to keep the extra tip I gave her and not share it with others. She assured me that the extra tip was hers alone to keep, and was very gracious in receiving it.

I heard "What Time Is the Midnight Buffet?" is another good one. I haven't read it personally, though.

What Time Is The Midnight Buffet is a FABULOUS book. If you aren't already, it will turn you into a cruise addict!

Archived