Disembark Vancouver

corniglia

Doing 7 day Alaskan cruise ending in Vancouver next year. Trying to plan flight time at end of cruise. can anyone tell me what time they have actually disembarked after the ship getting in to port at 7am. Can there be delays On Radisson SS Mariner.

many thanks sue

I have disembarked in Vancouver twice from the Navigator and Mariner, and don't recall any delays. If you are doing Radisson's air program, don't worry, they will see to it you are at the airport in time. Mid-cruise, you will be given a form to complete where you will be giving your flight #'s and times for your return home. Your luggage tags and embarkation time will be coordinated by the staff to adhere to your schedule.

Radisson always allows a large enough window to be sure that people can make their flight. I would suggest NO earlier than four hours after the proposed docking time, which is usually the Radisson window.

The ship may be late for some reason, it can also take a while for customs to clear the ship and then get people off and then you have to get a cab or transfer to the airport and these days the security lines can be long at times so you need that 1 1/2 hour or 2 hours at the airport. It is better to take a flight where you are not stressed about making the plane, sit for a while in the airport, than an early one that you then miss and are on stanby with lousy seats. I also suggest in most cases getting a cab is faster than taking a RSSC transfer. It takes them a while to load the bus and unload everyones luggage and a taxi does speed that process up.

Have a great time.

Archived