AOS May 2005

GMC

I have booked a cruise for May 2005 on the AOS from San Juan, PR. It sounds like I made a mistake??? There are far more negative post than positive. Has anyone had a good experience? Should I cancel and rebook from another port of departure? Is May a "BAD" time or is anytime a "Bad" time from PR?

HELP

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

My husband and I are going to be on the AOS in June. I had the same feelings you are having that maybe we should change ships. After much thinking I have decided that our cruise is going to be more of what we put into it than anything else. I hope you decide to stay;)

We sailed on the AOS last January. Several months before our cruise I found the Cruise Critic boards. By the time our cruise came around, I was convinced that we had made the mistake of our lives after "listening" to all of the negative reviews of the AOS. When it was all said and done, we had a marvelous time! We had such a good time that we booked the same ship sailing in about six weeks.

There's going to be poopy people where ever you go. There's going to be lovely people where ever you go. You will make your cruise vacation whatever you want it to be. Go and enjoy!

Deets

I just got back from last week's AOS sailing. Great time!

I found these boards right after booking the Carnival Destiny out of PR, and read the same things you probably have about AOS.

The stated demographics of our cruise were about 3,750 passengers -- 225 non U.S. and 3,500, U.S. including 1,200 Puerto Ricans.

If you aren't comfortable being around people not like you, you may be in some uncomfortable situations sometimes, but in general the only problem I saw verified from the negative posts was the excessive cutting in line (and the 50 year old ladies were worse than the 12 year old boys), and a widespread lack of understanding that you must let peole off of the elevator before there is room for you to get on.

I hope to write a nice long review later.

If you read those negative post almost all of them said some of the people were rude, BUT it did not ruin their vacation. I think most of them are just trying to warn the rest of us. I will be with a group of 8 on the AOS in March. I am just going to learn a few key spanish words before I go. For example; get in line, excuse me, and maybe, please don't do that. Any other suggestions?

I plan on going on my cruise and having a great time.

With the exception of the puerto ricans who are loud and down right rude at times, We had a BLAST. They did have one night, however, where all the entertainment was in spanish, they had a spanish deck party and nothing for us to do....

Cruise director said it was a mistake for that all to happen on one night but??????? I would still go, but just be aware that every announcment in english will be repeated in spanish, and the puerto ricans are LOUD and they don't care!

Archived