Questions for some recent Rhapsody cruisers

flagger

It has been awhile since I researched into this, so forgive me if much of this has been covered. We are 30-something who are not big drinkers travelling with what will be a 19 month old girl.

We will be driving down from Houston Sunday morning. We really are not in a hurry to be first on board, so we are parking at EZ Cruise parking and planning on getting to the terminal around 2PM. I had read that that time really is a good time because all of the debarking traffic is gone by then and much of the embarking traffic has dwindled down. We are in a JS which I understand can use the Suite line. Is this time still a good time to plan to board and can JS use the suite boarding lines?

We have plans in Grand Cayman with Captain Marvin's at 10AM (assuming we will get to stop there) but have no idea what to do the rest of the day.

What about Key West? I have not visited that board in awhile but was looking for some recommendations from recent cruisers. The Sunset sail? The Conch train? Book independently or once on board? Any other ideas?

How about Cozumel. How do I get to Paradise Beach. What is it about getting there before the crowds? What else should I plan on doing there. Remember C&C is not an option since we are bringing a 19 month old.

Thanks and look forward to your answers.

We are on the Rhapsody the week following you. Being a native Houstonian, this is our first cruise out of 13 that departs from Galveston, so not much help on boarding times other than we plan to be on as soon as we can to enjoy the ship that added extra time.

As far a Cozumel and Paradise Beach, all you need to do is grab a taxi outside the cruise terminal and it will take you down the road to Paradise Beach. We got there early in July and it wasn't crowde at all. Normally crowds come in the afternoon. Great beach, great food, and reasonbly priced. Tell Tom Hi and these other Texans will be there the next week. Funny how many Texans he knows huh.

Archived