Packing lists!!

:)Looking for a great packing list... I try to be as organized as I can, so I tried doing one in excel, not working too well for me! I looked online, but they just seem to be so overwhelming! After my time so far with CC, There are a lot of organized women out there!

If anyone has a great list that I can use, I would be ever so greatful for it! I will be on a 7 day eastern caribbean... thanks!!!

May I recommend you save your list?

The other day, I came across one of my old cruise packing lists. I'd included two dresses for the two formal nights. On my list I'd noted to wear the red one on the FIRST formal night, because I needed to be THIN to wear it. I diet like crazy before my cruises, but I stop counting calories while on the cruise! I try to make sure I wear those THIN clothes early on the trip and save the more forgiving outfits for the later days.

The first couple of times we cruised, I used one of those lists and ended up spending way over budget and having a very heavy suitcase to haul.

My suggestion is this: go through your own routine getting ready for the day, make a list of absolutely everything you use. That's the stuff that works for you.

For clothing, use a calendar, a mock up, listing the clothes you will wear day and night. BTW, you don't have to follow the calendar during your trip. But what it does is show you exactly what you need to get out of the closet.

We use a rolling rack and hang up all the clothing before packing the suitcases. Its' out of the bedroom so there is no temptation to pack what-if's. From there I can weed out clothing I think I can do without. I do pack from the shoes up, not the other way around. I've gotten it down to 5 pair of shoes, for a cruise I can't seem to go lower, although one pair is on my feet and only 4 packed.

A very small basic first aid kit with typical OTC meds and a few bandaids.

My list is seperated into carry on and suitcase lists, all documents, credit cards, ID are on that list.

We keep our toiletry kit packed all the time, since it takes more time to organize than clothing. I have all my makeup tools, razors, travel bottles, hairbrushes, etc... duplicated so I don't forget anything. For a warm weather cruise we do take a full sized bottle of sunscreen per person, it's the one thing you should never skimp on.

Once you complete your own personal list, save it and tweak it for different trips.

I take so much stuff off of the lists I find on these threads, I think the Calgon list (a while back) I eliminated 75 items off the list before I even got out of the carry on :eek: So be careful and if you see an item you didn't think of yourself and have to ask what it would be used for...you don't need it.

Awsome lists, I can definitely use those as a guide. I have used the day-by-day method before, and it worked pretty well, but using those links you guys provided, I feel, will help with not forgetting those little must-haves!!

We just returned from the Mariner (5/3). I apologize if this has already been suggested, but I found a shoe organizer (the kind you hang over a door, such as this one http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100499&navAction=jump&navCount=0&nug=VPD&skuid=sku4768778&id=prod4769909#) to very useful, given the limited space of a Stateroom and all the loose nic nacs that people tend to pack for a vacation. Since it's clear plastic, things are easily seen, it's handy and the DH didn't have to ask every time, "where's the sunscreen?", "where are my glasses?", etc. This way, the little nic nacs are not cluttering up the small vanity area or the little glass table.

Happy Cruising! Joyful Marsh

Hmmm, well for me. I typically, whenever flying, try my hardest to NEVER check luggage in. This has worked! Mind you, I am a shoe and accessory fanatic. But, I feel I am on vacation to relax and don't necessarily have to look up to par every single second of the day. Just pack lightly, you're on vacation and most days you'll be in your swim suit and flip flops all day. I personally don't really see the need for a lot of stuff, such as the shoe organizers. Really great idea! However, I wouldn't use it as I see it just as space saver'ish to keep it in my luggage. For dinner, I always bring dresses. Not pants! Wear clothes that you can wear the same shoes with. ROLL RoLL ROll your clothes gently onto the ship. . . .

Rolling your clothes makes them fit more precise, which allows you to bring more!

Remember, there are certain things you can get while in port. Shampoo, toothbrushes etc. And in a lot of cases, they are the same price as buying them from home (not in all cases.)

This is what we do now after cruising numerous times.

We have a dreeser in the spare bedroom that we accumulated all the litle "stuff" that you want to take along with you but may forget if you don't work from a list anymore. So, being all together makes it easy to prepare. We have the usual collection of sample sizes of this and that and the clothes pins, stick pads, plug strip etc. When you are looking in that drawer, other things will pop into your mind that you may want to bring.

Works for us.:D

No offense! I called my mother just to make sure I was correct on my gender! ;)

Good luck packing. I might suggest you print 2 packing lists, so when you're leaving the ship, you can make sure you bring everything back with you off the ship.

- Ryan

No offense! I called my mother just to make sure I was correct on my gender! ;)

Good luck packing. I might suggest you print 2 packing lists, so when you're leaving the ship, you can make sure you bring everything back with you off the ship.

- Ryan

That's funny!:D I like the second packing list idea! Who would have thought that guys can have great organizational skills!!! lol... I kid, I kid!!! My boyfriend has an extensive packing list, he is very organized... but lists for guys and gals differ a bit!! plus his is on his laptop and a bit too much for me... gimme a piece of paper and a pen to check off and I'm good!!:p

Again Ryan... sorry!!!:o:)

Here is my cruise packing list!

[ATTACH]117533[/ATTACH]

Let me know if anyone has questions.

Janet~ Just saw your post on the other thread:), was this the list you were going to e-mail me? If so, THANKS AGAIN!!!:D

Janet Foster... You are amazing!That is the perfect packing list! You have your stuff down to the cross of the "T" and the dot of the "i" !!! Thank you so very much!!!

You welcome.... had to get into a lot of detail because we were traveling with so many people and I didn't want to hear that "HEY... you didn't tell me to bring that!!!"...

if you know what I mean... So I just made the list and then I hand them out to the fellow cruisers... I love it because when they don't have something, I will be the first to say: "Well, it was ON your list..." HA HA...

Happy packing to all. I also roll my clothes. I found I had a lot of extra space with rolling my clothes and they come out wrinkle free. Give it a try..

May I recommend you save your list?

The other day, I came across one of my old cruise packing lists. I'd included two dresses for the two formal nights. On my list I'd noted to wear the red one on the FIRST formal night, because I needed to be THIN to wear it. I diet like crazy before my cruises, but I stop counting calories while on the cruise! I try to make sure I wear those THIN clothes early on the trip and save the more forgiving outfits for the later days.

i was lol when i read your note about the thin outfits...i made myself the same note....hahaha...use the zip up dress for the first formal night and the stretchy/poly blendy one for the other formal night....

i need some 'eating room'.....hahahaha

Hey ya'll. For those of you with an iPhone, I just bought a pretty decent app called "iLove Travel:Packing Pro". I bought the $3.99 one because it was more highly rated, but there is one for $.99.

Archived