Decent Hotels near Miami and Tampa ports??

cmlmich

I am cost figuring now between the two ports, if anyone knows of a decent hotel near either port I would love to hear from you. It doesn't have to be super deluxe. A Holiday Inn Express would do fine.

Thank you

Holiday Inn Express / Rocky Point has a cruise pkg. They pick you up from airport, take you to port, pick you up from port and return you back to airport. Free hot breakfast too.

Holiday Inn Express / Rocky Point has a cruise pkg. They pick you up from airport, take you to port, pick you up from port and return you back to airport. Free hot breakfast too.

Great place to stay, we were there on 5/2 and sailed on 5/3.

I have cruised from both ports and IMO the most economical port to leave from is Tampa, hands down. Miami hotels are ALOT more expensive, parking is more expensive, really everything is more expensive in Miami. The port wasn't as nice either. I was very disappointed in Miami but the ports we wanted to go to only sailed from there. If I had a choice of ports with the places I wanted to go, I would definitely choose Tampa.

I am still looking at Tampa, the only problem is the cruise on the Legend out of Tampa is almost $200 more than the Valor out of Miami. So I need to look at hotel prices before I make the final decision. Thank you for your input.

I have cruised from both ports and IMO the most economical port to leave from is Tampa, hands down. Miami hotels are ALOT more expensive, parking is more expensive, really everything is more expensive in Miami. The port wasn't as nice either. I was very disappointed in Miami but the ports we wanted to go to only sailed from there. If I had a choice of ports with the places I wanted to go, I would definitely choose Tampa.

LaQuinta/Airport on Spruce was decent. Nothing fancy, but clean and free airport shuttle. About a $25 cab ride to port, inlcuding tip for 5 of us. We got a code on these boards for US Rollersports (Code is USAROL) and paid $63/night plus tax, AAA rate was around $70. We used it pre and post cruise. Basic continental breakfast included and they shuttle you to local mall, which has restaurants, plus an IHOP next door.

Archived