Pearl Balcony Question

gdpups

I'm new to NCL and am looking at the Pearl for our annual ladies cruise, so was wondering if someone who's been on the Pearl can tell me if they allow you to open the balcony dividers between cabins. We usually get 4 or 5 cabins and love it when we can open all the dividers and have evening chats on our balconies. Thanks

Yes, you can have the dividers opened. They are not full-width...more like a normal door. When that door is opened, you will lose some space on the balcony where the door is folded back.

Maybe you should also bring walkie-talkies??

Thanks for the response bakerintn. I've asked two different NCL employees and was given conflicting answers.

I can usually turn to cruise critic for answers to all my questions, but then there are those like that other person with the "intelligent" answers that obviously needs "a life"!!!

The divider are usually closed when the ship is at sea. They will open them in port.

We found out why they close them when you leave port...we left ours open once on the Jade and you wouldn't believe the racket it made! :eek: They locked it up every night after that!

If you are going on the Pearl to Glacier Bay, I was on the Pearl last summer and same itinerary. Do your self a favor and book a balcony on the Port side. As you enter Glacier Bay National Park, all the glaciers are on the port side. At the end of the entry the ship does a 180 degree turn to leave, so the starboard side does not get a lot of "hang" time to glacier watch. This rotation is the time for you to go topside for more viewing and talking to the ranger. A lot of people go up at the start and then get cold so a lot less people for the last part of the glacier viewing. We have been on this cruise 3 time and it is superb.

Archived