How do I find out exact cost and time of port tours?

Hi

I'm new to Holland America. Can any one tell me how to find out what the exact prices and times of onshore tours is? The "desinations" section on-line doesn't say anything at all about the times tours start yet you all seem to be so organized. I have been reluctant to press the "book now" button in case it automatically books me in without knowing the cost. Help please! I'm not sure if I'm just dumb or if the site isn't user friendly.

Thanks

I don't have a current booking and therefore can't test it, but IIRC once you say "book" then it will show you the exact prices for adults and children, and what the time options are. You have to say how many of each (adults and children) before it can make an actual reservation. Even if it should book you before you definitely decide, you can always cancel it.

I am not quite clear about your cruise status. Are you booked on a HAL cruise? If you are then you can go to the website under the tab entitled "For booked guests" and then select Book shore excursions. You will need to enter your HAL reservation # and your last name to get into the book shore excursion area. You will then see your full itinerary and when you click on each port stop it will then display a full list of available shore excursions, prices and times.

If you are not booked on a HAL cruise then I don't know how you can see the specific information you are looking for. There is a general description of shore excursions on the HAL web site but if does not reference specific costs or times.

One other thing to consider - even if you're booked on an upcoming cruise that's still at least 5-6 months away, then the excursions for your specific cruise may not be loaded onto the website under the "For booked guests/book shore excursions" link.

They don't load that info for each specific cruise until they've finalized the contracts for each shore excursion, so if nothing shows up when you input your booking number and name, then you'll have to try again at a later date - the people I spoke to at HAL said that excursions are typically uploaded about 6 months before the cruise.

Once the info is there, it will list the description, the price for adults and children (if applicable), and how long the tour lasts, etc.

Once you are in the "book" site, as I remember it, you may see the different tours, length of tours, and their price. However, you are not charged for a particular tour until you "select" it and click "send" or whatever word they use. Once booked one may peruse the site's various tours at any time without purchasing a tour if a tour is not selected.:)

Thank you all for the great info. I am booked on the Ryndam and the Statendam late June and early July. Now I know I can press the "book now" option to just see the details and then select what I want when I know just what I'll get for my money I can go ahead and get organized.

Thanks again, this is such a great site. I have learned so much I wouldn't have had a clue about before.

Kind Regards:D

Archived