Navigator 1/8/05 cruise

pscr

I am thinking of booking the RSSC Navigator cruise for 1/8/05. This is a last minute deal. We have cruised on NCL about 30 years ago and this will be our first cruise since then so I have a few questions:

Has anyone booked a cruise through Orbitz? Or should I go through a travel agent?

If I book at this late a date am I going to get a bad suite? Something no one else wants? How fully booked are the ships?

What questions should I be asking?

Are there truly any last minute deals? Upgrades?

I appreciate your feedback.:)

Wow , wait till you see how cruising has changed. I remember cruising on the Homeric line? Does anybody else? The good old days. Anyways...You should definatley give it a shot. I have never tried orbitz..I have tried a few other sites like cruises.com, quickcruise etc. I know these are the big ones but I never had good luck as far as a deal. Either price was high or the service wasnt the best. You should be asking for extras, flight help, discounts and insurance questions. Most of these ships I would assume should be busy. Its getting cold here in the north. I have somebody I have used and liked...I cant post it here. Try me at reggiescoobie@aol.com

As far as I can tell, there is absolutely no advantage to booking a cruise on line. It is much better to go through a travel agent, especially one who does a lot of business with the cruise line on whcih you are sailing. If anything goes wrong you are much better off with someone you know going to bat for you rather than dealing with an impersonal web site.

Unlike the airlines which have abandoned travel agents to sell directly to passengers, cruise lines still work through travel agents and often offer them better deals to pass along to their clients.

If you need a recommendation for a good Radisson cruise agent (not me) you can email me. Tom.

I don't know what price that Orbitz is quoting you but I check the fares on the RSSC site for the cruise which is theoritically 2 for 1. I have checked other discounters and found that the price is relatively the same. At least with a TA you have an advocate with online booking is like online banking. Very impersonal. And like an ATM machine that cobbles up yourATM card, try pleading with the machine to give it back.

I have gotten in situation using a TA where I've needed his assistance to intervene on my behalf with success.

This is just one man's opinion from the old school, who doesn't really trust situations where their are strict rules and reg in small print that you find out about after the fact.

This ship is full and I think on a total waitlist. So if you have any intention of taking this trip you need to make arrangements right away. There is still space on the January 18 and January 25 Navigator though but once again move quickly. The Diamond is on a full waitlist for January 13 also.

Archived