Where does AOS dock?

kellya1

Hi all,

I'm looking to go to Water Island on our trip to St Thomas. I understand the ferry leaves from Crown Bay, but I'm not sure how far away this is from where AOS docks?

Many thanks

Kelly :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from AOS, was on WI Sat (May 23). The AOS docked at the big pier at the shopping mall. We walked from the AOS on the pier all the way into the marina where the ferry was, note we had a guide since we were on an excursion, so this may or may not be the normal ferry location. There wern't any signs on the ferry that I recall so don't expect a big operation its just a pontoon boat with a single guy.

Once on WI you're on you own, there arn't any taxis, or services, it is a residential island. Like I said we were on a bike riding excursion and were picked up at the WI dock by a vehicle that took us to the bikes on the top of the island where we rode downhill to honeymoon beach, from honeymoon beach they drove us back to the dock.

• 3 weeks later...

DCwom took a bike tour excursion to Water Island, so they were picked up right in Havensight by the excursion people (there is a marina in that area too, Yacht Haven Grande Marina). But this is not where the regular ferry to Water Island departs from. The regular ferry is from Crown Bay Marina.

WICO (or Havensight dock) is maybe a little over 3 miles from the Crown Bay Marina where the Water Island ferry departs from. It is usually right in the water in front of Tickles Restaurant at the marina. You can inquire with the bartender at the restarant should you need help finding it, but its usually just in front so hard to miss.

--Islander

Archived